BSR Turntables - Professional Series ( P144R /128 etc.)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marantz123

AVForums Super Veteran
Staff member
Reaction score
Fellows

I happened upon a BSR P144R recently, was completely siezed. After some work on the motor, platter, idler, and general service/clean-up, I was surprised by its performance...it has that slam!!..and sounds good! . Even though the idler by nature is audible, its barely audible via the pick-up.  The platter is one of the heaviest i have experienced ( seems heavier than that of a Luxman PD288/277), and the orginal ADC cart with a decent stylus is on there.

I know the general rap about BSR being cheap entry level, and did a read-up on their history, but can find little info on their professional series tables. Build quality seems similar to the Dual model ( 1219 )..my humble opinion.  The sound quality coming off this deck is far from cheap...with a bit more work, can only sound better! Hoping for some reviews here from those who have experienced these tables, also since a few of them have been on forum lately. Im impressed with it !!

Thanks
Marantz123.