Author Topic: ASCENDO releases their Live 15 ACTIVE Floorstander  (Read 25945 times)

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Furutech - Pure Transmission
    • The Audio Visual Boutique
ASCENDO releases their Live 15 ACTIVE Floorstander
« on: April 08, 2019, 12:23:01 PM »
Hello Guys (and Gals),

ASCENDO has announced the release of their new Live 15 ACTIVE hi-fi / cinema floorstand loudspeaker.

The Live 15's are set to be a game-changer in the loudspeaker industry….Breathtaking.…Unique….and Insanely Powerful !!

The Live 15’s has already attained reference status for live music reproduction. They easily fit the bill for “the alternative to a live concert”.

Timelessly modern and straightforward in its design, each Live 15 speaker consist of a sealed enclosure with a massive and extremely fast 15” (40cm) professional sub-woofer (custom made to ASCENDO specifications), as well as a 12“ (30cm) professional two-way high performance MF/HF coaxial driver that meets the highest demands in dynamic, sound pressure and sonic quality, for an uncompromising hifi / cinema experience.

The Live 15’s can be used as high-end stereo speakers or as high-end cinema front speakers (Left and Right; with built-in sub-woofers).

Each pair of Live 15’s offers an enormous 3,300 W RMS built-in DSP power amplification with extensive protection features (clip limiter, temperature and current limiter, DC and HF protection). Having so much power on tap, allows the Live 15’s to perform within a league of their own with regard to authority, dynamics, low bass, bass pressure and absolutely distortion-free peak levels.

Each speaker offers legacy analogue XLR inputs, but also a built-in 3-port fast Ethernet / AVB compliant switch; which means that the Live 15’s may also be driven via digital lossless AVB IEEE 802.1 streaming technology.

The Live 15’s offers comprehensive room acoustic response correction capabilities via a self-explanatory web-browser interface. This in itself is a huge advantage over the more conventional passive speaker system setup. The Live 15 can be fully calibrated to any kind of room. Even facing the most difficult spatial conditions or installing it very close to a wall, the integrated room adjustment feature guarantees the outstanding sound quality of this thoroughbred loudspeaker.

The Live 15’s offers a “clean” and beautiful setup – you only need a source and a pair of XLR cables to complete a legacy system.

If there is such a thing as dangerous levels of addiction to musical reproduction, then the Live 15’s surely fits the bill. You can expect enormous amounts of pleasure and lots of Goosebumps when listening to the Live 15’s! Guaranteed!

Each speaker weighs in at 90kg with dimensions 128cm (H) x 48cm (W) x 34cm (D, without plinth).

Finishes include satin Matt (colour of your choice) and genuine Piano lacquer (12 layers) in black or white.

Recommended Retail prices are R588k (matt finish) and R688k (piano finish).

LEDs and Grills are optional and are being offered at our cost with the purchase of a pair of Live 15’s.

The ASCENDO products may be viewed on our website at http://www.avboutique.co.za/product-category/ascendo-immersive-audio/

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any further queries.

Offline oradba69

Re: ASCENDO releases their Live 15 ACTIVE Floorstander
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 12:38:20 PM »
Wowwww looks stunning but a 100k just for a gloss finish  :faint:
Manufacturer of Audio Video furniture.
http://www.lerange.com

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 03:04:37 PM »
Wowwww looks stunning but a 100k just for a gloss finish  :faint:

For the record, it is not "a gloss finish", but 12 layers of genuine piano lacquer.

A 12 LAYER GENUINE PIANO LACQUER FINISH entails an enormous amount of time (3-4 weeks), hand-labor and professionalism to achieve the final result.

But hey, you are more than welcome to buy the one with the matt satin finish instead. Still looks stunning as you said! ;)

Offline pwatts

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 01:57:37 PM »
When are they expected to arrive in SA for audition?

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 02:53:25 PM »
We will have a pair in the country during June/July. I will post again at the time. :)
Jeandre

"Free you mind...Free your sensesTM"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheAudioVisualBoutique

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theaudiovisualboutique/

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 07:12:30 PM »
Hello Guys,

As promised....we have the first pair of ASCENDO Live15s in the country in piano lacquer finish.

They have been setup at my home:

First impressions - insanely beautiful AND powerful AND musical!!

Anyone wishing to listen to them, please drop me an email or PM or whatsapp. We are based in Centurion.

Regards,

Jeandre

Offline zer0

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 10:31:41 AM »
Speaking for myself, the neon led light makes it look like it belongs in a disco.
They shouldn't even offer the option of having it.

Offline Darrell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
  • Cruising in the Stratosphere ......
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 10:01:08 PM »
I had a session over the weekend listening to these speakers, absolutely astounding how they perform, specifically under room correction. Definitely up in the top echelon of pure audiophile speakers, and considering the built in DSP and massive amplification included, they represent somewhat of a bargain as well. They also look far better in the flesh (specifically in the piano black finish) than in the photos, excellent product Jeandre - they should do very well in SA........

Offline Darrell

• AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 10:06:06 PM »
And for the uneducated out there, they can be ordered without the LED light option at a small discount ............. :point:

Offline zer0

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 01:11:17 AM »
And for the uneducated out there, they can be ordered without the LED light option at a small discount ............. :point:
No need to get personal, I can read.
My point is they shouldn't offer LED lights on high end speakers.

Offline Darrell

• AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 08:38:11 AM »
Hey nothing personal, I just wasn't sure of your audio education, glad you can read however. Why not go give them a listen, they really are good?

Offline DeonC

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 09:38:26 AM »
Speaking for myself, the neon led light makes it look like it belongs in a disco.
They shouldn't even offer the option of having it.
No need to get personal, I can read.
My point is they shouldn't offer LED lights on high end speakers.
I think this comes down to personal preference. Some will like the LED added, as it gives a bit of pizzazz in an otherwise dull high-end hi-fi scene. Others will prefer it without. Some might not buy it with or without, even if they like it, simply because they would not want to by a product that has such a 'kitsch' option (NOTE: this is NOT my opinion, I am just stating what some might think). Either way, I actually think it offers something a bit refreshing in a relatively staid scene. IMHO, understated enough to be elegant, but interesting enough to cool. The only part I don't like is that the drivers are not flush mounted, but that's just me. :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:40:40 AM by DeonC »
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Online Katji

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 01:07:31 PM »
Surely it can just be disabled? Considering there's so much 'tech' built-in.

Anyway, very interesting - if I was rich I'd be very interested.  Big speakers. Built-in/integrated subwoofers and 15", no bs.  All a very different approach, without being mad scientist freakery like in the ugly speakers thread.

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 01:43:34 PM »
Surely it can just be disabled? Considering there's so much 'tech' built-in.

Anyway, very interesting - if I was rich I'd be very interested.  Big speakers. Built-in/integrated subwoofers and 15", no bs.  All a very different approach, without being mad scientist freakery like in the ugly speakers thread.

Yes, LEDs can be disabled if that is the mood for the listening session. And if they are enabled you can set your preferred color (literally any) and brightness via any platform that supports a web browser (e.g. i-Pad, cell phone, PC, Laptop, etc).

The wireless web browser interface is then also where you can perform your room EQ and set your preferred listening mode, volume control, etc. You don't even need a Pre-Amp, just a source/DAC and a pair of XLR cables and you are ready to go.....

Very flexible - very convenient.

Offline JeandreB

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2019, 07:04:47 PM »
Good day everyone,

Thread refers.

The ASCENDO Live15 active floorstanders are still available for demo this week at my residence; thereafter they will be moving along for exposure among our Dealers.

If you are still interested to audition these magnificent speakers, please get in contact with me asap.  :)

Feedback from those that have listened to the Live15s were extremely positive - in fact more of a revelation and new thinking of what's possible from floorstanders.....

Hope we can have a few more people exposed....it will be worth your time.

Regards,
Jeandre

"Free you mind...Free your sensesTM"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheAudioVisualBoutique

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theaudiovisualboutique/