FNB Fraud Division - Extremely Unhelpful !

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolby

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just as a warning to others :

I have a small FNB Tax Free Share Account (TFSA) that I opened a few years ago, and put the odd few Rand in it. A few days back, I received a mail and SMS thanking me for opening a Share Account with FNB. I log onto my FNB and see I'm now sitting at a zero balance.

As the do occasionally have maintenance, I wait until the next day to see if my balance returned - still zero. I decide to contact the bank and see what is going on. The first time I call (before 8am), they're not open .... so try again a few hours later. I go through IVR / verify etc (10 minutes) ... and lady cannot help me and puts me back to the start. I do this again (another 10 minutes) and again - they cannot help me and put me through to the start of the process.

I decide to rather phone fraud, as that is what it looks like at first glance. They answer fast enough and straight away say 'we can't help ... you should know if you have a fraudulent transaction' - I ask again that I can't get assistance but something doesn't look right - only to be told 'we can't help you'

Clearly, no one at the bank cares in speaking to me - so I email both RBJacobs and Hellopeter. It's been 48hrs and ... nothing.

Anyone else had something like this ?

Latest posts