my serious start

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1447

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
so far i had been using a Nuprime uDSD and Sennheiser HD555 (with HD595 mod) as my portable headphone setup BUT currently my finances have dictated that i needed to sell my largish flat and i am going to move into a much smaller place where i can not use any loud music playback equipment and i will have to move to some rather comparatively serious headphone equipment if i wish to play some loud music .... so basically i needed to get rid of my stereo stuff as well as my hometheatre stuff so i sold my Nuprime IDA-8 amp and with the funds that i freed up out of that sale i purchased myself an ifi iDSD Micro Black label

i got it from Audio Exchange ..... thanks very much Francois and Johan  :thumbs: and soon after placing my order and making the payment the following landed up at my place

box.jpg

so i quickly opened the outer cover and then opened the packaging and theres a lot if it

packaging.jpg

the DAC itself is a fair bit bigger than a uDSD but a lot smaller than i imagined it to be just judging from internet pictures

iDSD2.jpg

iDSD4.jpg

Front view of the unit

Front.jpg

Rear view of the unit

back.jpg

the reason for such a big amount of packaging becomes evident when you look at the accessories that ifi provide - theres a cable or an adapter for every occasion and every potential way of connecting the unit to a large variety of sources

accessories.jpg

the most interesting aspect of the USB connection is that you can connect a phone via an OTG connection and the USB port on the front accepts the actual OTG cable directly (the type A female connector bit)

OTG.jpg

Latest posts