I think I may have been scammed!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
:ticked:

Joined a local (ZA) vinyl group on FB a few months ago.

Admin of the group sells a lot - mainly sourced from Europe. I watched the group for a few months & all seemed good, lots of folk commenting "thanks" & posting pics of the LP's that had arrived.

I asked if he could source 2 specific LP's & what the cost would be. He replied within an hour that he'd source 1 & cost was R550. I asked for photos to show condition & was told that the seller (that he was buying from) wasn't interested in sending them & considered the item sold. I declined as I will not purchase without visual proof.

Left it at that.

Then 3 months later the same title is available & advertised for R325. I figured WTH, let me grab it. So I ordered it as well as 2 others. All at R325 each plus R135 for overnight shipping.

I make payment on 5 March.  Send him POP & my address as well. Am then told that shipping is 5 to 7 days from payment being received?

On 10 March, as they haven't been shipped yet, I add another local LP from him at R160 & make payment.

Wednesday I ask for a tracking number for the courier, and get told as I live in Vryheid shipping is R250 & can't he use SAPO instead. Explain I live in Jozi, not Vryheid. He's not sure why he got it mixed up.

At this point alarm bells are starting to ting-a-ling in the back of my head................

I get a tracking number late Wednesday, booked via MDS. Collection scheduled for yesterday & delivery to me today.

I check tracking number this morning. Collection has been cancelled.

That ting-a-ling is now a resounding clang ringing in my ears.

Seller is unresponsive to messages or emails this morning.

Will wait a little longer before taking a ride to go & visit.

Latest posts