Author Topic: Sansui AU/ Pioneer SX/Kenwood/Hitach Top models wanted  (Read 814 times)

Offline Francois

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+38)
    • Audio Exchange
Sansui AU/ Pioneer SX/Kenwood/Hitach Top models wanted
« on: March 14, 2019, 05:31:06 PM »
Do you want a realistic offer on your high end 1970's, 1980's receiver/amp ? I have several LOCAL buyers that will pay a fair price.  I will NOT export these as we also deserve a bit of the cake  ;D
For example:

Sansui AU9900 to G33000, Maybe Sansui AU999Sansui AU111Pioneer SX 1050-1980Marantz 2500/2600, 22xx etcKenwood KR9600, KR9060 and brothersEven the Technics SA1000 etc
Top vintage speakers would also be considered.

Got R14k for a mint AU1100 and R9k for AU9900....
I was born analog, not digit by digit....

Offline Gareth80

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Sansui AU/ Pioneer SX/Kenwood/Hitach Top models wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 05:43:04 PM »
Subscribed!!

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline Francois

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Exchange
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 05:48:53 PM »
I can only hope. I bid on a Sansui on eBay and got it. Shipping was R3000. Not bad!
But some things are NUTS on eBay, much much cheaper on HiFiShart, AudioMarkte.de

Offline Nidri

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Don't overthink it.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:50:25 PM »
There's also markplaats.nl and www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de
Whilst Nidri takes reasonable care to ensure that the information in this message is correct and up to date, this might not always be the case. Nidri does not give any warranties as to the accuracy and safety of any information appearing in this message.

Offline marantz123

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • I learnt more from The Internet when it was slower
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 02:36:16 PM »
Not looking forward to a middle-man service here on the forum...if thats what this is....hoping its not..I have placed wanted ads for an AU999 /AU111...shouldn't our individual forumites have the first opportunity for their wanted items for sale by another forumite ?

Offline Francois

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Exchange
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 04:23:49 PM »
Ahem....actually you are the ONE of the two clients I am hunting for  :facepalm:

Offline Francois

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Exchange
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 04:29:59 PM »
Im unsure what I did wrong asking for BUYERS here local ? Did I imply any profit taking ? This is old kit for people who love it like I do. I myself collect when I have spare cash  :clap:

Offline What

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 05:42:21 PM »
I can only hope. I bid on a Sansui on eBay and got it. Shipping was R3000. Not bad!
But some things are NUTS on eBay, much much cheaper on HiFiShart, AudioMarkte.de

How are you getting around the 110V issue, I presume its from 110V country?
How is the amp shipped?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 05:48:09 PM by What »

Offline Francois

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Exchange
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 06:03:17 PM »
I had one shipped via TNT. 110V you have to have a 220/110V unit made. A friend made me 3 @ about R600 each. nice 300VA

Offline marantz123

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 09:23:57 PM »
Im unsure what I did wrong asking for BUYERS here local ? Did I imply any profit taking ? This is old kit for people who love it like I do. I myself collect when I have spare cash  :clap:

If you have a personal item of your own to sell, and you wish to sell it here, then that really seems fine. If you want to source items on the forum to resell them here to forumites who have already put leads out on such items...then why go through that when the facilites on the forum cater for a normal sale between 2 people without a 3rd person involved ? If you know of an item that someone here wants to sell, you could suggest in good forum faith to the forumite who wants such an item as a personal "heads up" msg of its availability. Why do you feel the need to function as a third element in a potential forum sale and purchase the item and change the same amount of cash twice here ?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 09:43:28 PM by marantz123 »

Offline marantz123

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 09:34:54 PM »
Ahem....actually you are the ONE of the two clients I am hunting for  :facepalm:

Sorry, my previous quote is better suited to this reponse. In addition, its really appreciated if/that items are sourced outside and brought into the forum...we need more of this.  ON FORUM amongst members with equipment for sale, trading between a buyer/seller directly doesnt need a third commercial party/member to improve the selling price ?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 10:00:11 PM by marantz123 »

Offline Francois

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Exchange
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 11:42:55 PM »
WTF dude?
Since when is the forum a little boys clubbie?
And just because you want a 999 and 111 and Iím looking for other kit you have an epiphany?
MODS please tell me Iím out of line here?
Where the hell has I stated Iíll be part of the sale and ďimprovementĒ?
Are you angry because people want to pay realistic prices here?

You are way out of line here

Offline Francois

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Exchange
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 11:51:28 PM »
So yes. Letís improve the post

Guys if you want to get a realistic price for your collectible Sansui, Pioneer or Marantz Iíll negotiate with outside buyers.  Hell Iíll even ship it overseas.

No more being ripped off.  Bring me the AU111. Iíll get you the min R20k itís worth

Offline marantz123

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 03:41:17 AM »
Francois

Sorry if I rubbed you up the wrong way, that wasnt my intention. Im not upset about anything, and paying realistic prices for goods has never been an issue, I have often paid a bit more for a priced item, on and off forum. I took a look at the Wanted Items rules, and it mentions that the facility is for sourcing items for your personal use, maybe the mods can comment on this as well please. I realised that I need to recognise you as a commercial member where this forum may be part of a business for you, and maybe on that side of the forum its a big-boys club. There are other parts of the forum where many of us are hobbyists, and source /share /offer items for our personal domestic use..and where some wonderful people, the likes of our dear KK and others keep the Classifieds alive and make so much possible for us by offering their goods at very reasonable prices. We may have members for example who in good spirit of sharing and giving others here the opportunity to experience equipment, may offer an item at a realistic price based on their situation. This keeps equipment affordable on the forum, and is still moveable...such that the buyer (now seller)  can move the item on the forum for another forumite to enjoy/experience...and the gift of giving at the sellers chosen price continues. As an example, if a forumite paid R3500 for an AU999 last year, and after costs and enjoying it for a while would like to move the item on forum for R4500 for another person here to enjoy...and keeps it affordable to be moved again. This is probably the little boys club on the forum...domestic, not commercial. Suppose the commercial market value is R8000,  is this classified as a rip off to the on-forum seller who chose to keep the forum enriched ? Suppose we maximise our profits on every sale, eventually fewer people would be in a position to afford an item, and sellers may have trouble selling an item on forum, but commercially like you have stated, it will sell on the overseas markets very quickly. At the end of the day, we end up losing our classic vintage items to overseas markets forever, and future generations here on our forum have little or nothing to enjoy of such items and read all these posts of classic equipment that we once had.

I would really like to hear from the mods and forumites on this. Maybe I am out of line as Francois indicates, maybe he is right from a commercial perspective, but where do we draw a line on what is fair to the domestic side of the forum?

Thanks
Marantz123.

Online stereosane

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 01:16:44 PM »
Francois has helped a lot of forum members sell there kit, even though Iíve never meet him everyone speaks very highly of him. Honestly canít see why thereís such a fuss about this ad..