Author Topic: Chromecast Ultra 4k  (Read 215 times)

Offline vee

Chromecast Ultra 4k
« on: March 14, 2019, 09:22:16 AM »
Hi all - I just got this yesterday and would like to know if anyone else has one and experienced problems with it?

My issue is that the device caused my netflix app on my phone to 'hang' - I could not stop or pause the playback and had to reboot the phone and CHromecast to start again
Also noticed that my wifi speeds dropped substantially while using the device.

I switched back to my regular chromecast (which proceeded to update itself) and i had similar issues with it (never had problems with it before)

The chromecast is connected via wifi to my router (which sits 5m away) and I have a 50mb line...

Any suggestions to make this work better would be appreciated
thanks

Offline Wietsche

Re: Chromecast Ultra 4k
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 12:13:38 PM »
Hi,

I also have the Chromsast in a range of models. The 4k one works the best of them all for me, but I am also using a LAN cable plugged into its power brick that came woth it. If you bought new yours will support it as well. Maybe try that, just to make sure its not a wifi networking issue first.

Then secondly, I had similar issues when my phone was too aggressive with closing background apps an services to conserve power. I just marked Netflix as an exception and the problems disappeared.

So this is the only 2 possible issues I can think of at the moment.

Hope you get it fixed. Its an awesome device.

Cheers,
W

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline Babbalas

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 01:17:44 PM »
Hi,

Also have the same chromecast, going on 2 years now probably. Haven't had issues but mine is also connected via the Ethernet connection.

I think a Chromecast would easily be able to pull down the Wi-Fi network of a standard router.

Not sure about hanging on Netflix though, as I don't use it. But DSTV Now works flawlessly with the Chromecast.

Offline vee

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 01:23:22 PM »
Thanks guys
My regular Chromecast worked perfectly up until last night. I have since found out that metrofibre was doing maintenance on the lines in the area last night...
Will try again tonight with wifi and see. Mine does have the ethernet port on the brick so that's my last resort.
Are you guys using hdmi 2 cables?
My pj is 4k and so is the Amp but the hdmi cable is 1.3 or. 4 I think.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Online KenMasters

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 02:02:02 PM »
Are you guys using hdmi 2 cables?
My pj is 4k and so is the Amp but the hdmi cable is 1.3 or. 4 I think.

No such thing as HDMI 2 cables, or HDMI 1.3 or 1.4 - HDMI version numbers pertain to hardware only.

If the cables work, then don't worry about it. If they don't, get cables designated "High Speed" with 18 Gbps throughput displayed on the packaging.

Offline vee

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 04:40:54 PM »
No such thing as HDMI 2 cables, or HDMI 1.3 or 1.4 - HDMI version numbers pertain to hardware only.

If the cables work, then don't worry about it. If they don't, get cables designated "High Speed" with 18 Gbps throughput displayed on the packaging.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline xrapidx

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 10:09:57 AM »
I had issues with the normal chromecast and wifi - replaced them with ultra's on ethernet - and no further issues. (not a fan of wifi for anything but browsing the net)

Offline vee

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 01:03:43 PM »
I had issues with the normal chromecast and wifi - replaced them with ultra's on ethernet - and no further issues. (not a fan of wifi for anything but browsing the net)
my normal chromecast was spotless with wifi...
may have to lan the ultra in...