Some time with the klipsch...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello all, been away from here for a while, really hectic at work and other priorities!  As some or most of you know i bought those klipsch R15m's and finally got them in, wife has not said anything not sure if she has noticed or not.

I asked alot of you what i should do and alot of you responded - stay away.....I bought them anyway and got them a grand cheaper.

Ok here is the verdict ... I was REALLY worried with these ones, and do you know what - I like them, really starting to enjoy their sound.

I'm a bit biturbed as they are NOT bright at all - they are actually warmer than my 16 year old B&W's...Better? No - Different - Yes.  Some songs it almost sounds like you need to move an invisible piece of wood away from them covering the front - they can sound almost dull but like something is holding them back. Kings of leon soundtracks - on these - you feel you need to turn the treble up...

Their 94db efficiency - i have not noticed that - infact the b&w's sound louder. These dont sound loud at all, they go loud, but not to party volumes. (There is a warning in the manual about how they might damage your ears because they are more efficient than other speakers - um no i disagree)

Max volume i have used them on is -10db - I tell you why - my amp is 95w/ch - the specs say they can only handle 85 - so -10 so in my head my calcs say to to me that is approx max they can handle - i wont push them past that...just yet - the b&w's i have pushed right up to +5db with some songs....they can handle it.
If i had to throw a party - i would rather use the polks and the b&w's...Maybe i have faulty speakers i dont know???

Poepies - i need to come hear yours...

The amount of bass from these speakers is quite insane - mad i tell you!! They can handle alot! wow

But they have not blown me away as i was expecting - but all in all - i'm enjoying them.  AND no that tweeter does not irritate -  alot of detail, and they DO NOT hurt my ears. - nice and clear.

If i turn the sub off in the settings - the amp then sets these as large speakers and i cant change them to small and its too much bass - so i turn the sub on and set the cross over freq to 200hz - if i set it to 40hz - way too much bass - too boomy - 200hz gives a cleaner louder sound.

So all in all i am enjoying them but very different to what i was expecting
would i recommend them to someone else - yes
would i buy another pair - yes
would i listen to them properly next time - YES!

Latest posts