DIY or Commercial for budget setup

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayD100

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and audio in general.

I have been considering doing a budget 2 channel build and need some advice on whether it will be worth it.

The price range for the build is around R3500 (amplifier, speakers, crossover).

For the amp I am looking at two options, one would be a decent 2nd hand amp under R2000 if I can find one, the second option is something like this off amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/BT20A-Bluetooth-Audio-Amplifier-Integrated/dp/B07BQC7GNL/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=bt20a&qid=1551642830&s=gateway&sr=8-1

For speakers I like a setup capable of deep lows and decent bass. The room it will be used in is approximately 8x4 metres, they will be used for the tv as well as listening to music. It is an apartment so I am not looking for window rattling bass. I will not be designing the crossover or enclosure and would need to follow a tried and tested build. I am leaning towards tower speakers, is it possible to get decent low end with a diy setup in that price range? (Around R2000 for the speakers and crossover) Are there any builds anyone can recommend?

Would I get better quality sound purchasing a 2.1channel sound system for around R3500?

I like the idea of putting together my own system, but not if it's going to sound terrible.

Thanks for any input.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk