Weird thing going on with Spotify

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoziNic

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So a very weird thing is going. About a week ago (maybe 2) I noticed when listening to Spotify off my old IPhone 5s, that the mid?s/high?s seem ?washed over? like its being sung in a bathroom or being washed over with water (the nearest thing I can liken it to was from the movie The Matrix when he?s pulled through the phone line into the world there?s this like waged through digital sound)...
I heard it almost every time I played music (& it never used to sound this way up until 2 or so weeks ago when I noticed it)...I wasn?t sure if it was the amp or my phone or what the hell or if it was me going crazy.
So this evening I start and get another set of ears (my wife?s) to listen to see if they pick up the same. I start with Spotify on the 5s, sounds washed and tinny.
Then I play the same song off my iPod and it sounds perfect, nothing like the version I?ve just heard on Spotify...I hear it as does my wife. I then go back to Spotify but this time off my iPad (which is what I used to use to listen to Spotify off) & it sounds nothing like the version off the iPhone & off the iPod.
So now we can say it is coming from the source...but why?
I made audio recordings of each to see if anyone else can pick up same (I just don?t know how to upload them here) but would appreciate any potential ideas as to what in the actual hell is going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts