My much simpler temporary setup - blown away!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JP870609

So I had to take my Polk audio magnifi max soundbar back to the shop for the third time, it goes into protection mode (limbo state) during the evening and the next morning it is completely unresponsive to any input or buttons being pressed. The shop says there is a good chance that I will need to choose something else, so that is an R12k that I need to think about what I will get in its place.

To my story, so yesterday I had to come up with a solution to keep me going until I replace my sound upstairs in my bedroom/pajama lounge. I happened to have a Panasonic SA-XR70 amplifier laying around and my two bookshelf Polk audio Tsi 100's that I have not yet connected to my downstairs setup, procrastination played a big role there.

What a surprise, I have completely underestimated the power of the two bookshelf speakers. It has good tone, the bass is good - voice sounds also really good and clear considering I am running a 2.0 setup (no center speaker).

I will go as far as to say that the simpler setup I have now and the small amount of effort and cost to get it going, was a much more pleasurable experience than what the Polk soundbar ever gave me.

Anyone else also running bookshelf speakers for a separate room, I might consider this again in the future?

69dvef.jpg