Big sound improvement

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I have had some big sound improvements over the past 10 odd years, thanks in part to reading posts from the knowledgable folk here

1 - R2R DAC - I got an ARES Dac from Denafrips in Singapore.  After listening to it, two friends bought the same model

0zy4xam.jpg

2 - Devialet processor-amp.  An incredible breath of fresh air.  Everything clean and precise, warm and detailed sound.  Matthew Carter organised it for me

X1Ve5bh.png

3 - Eminent Technology planar speakers and a B&W DB-1 subwoofer  (the Devialet rolls the main speakers off at 120Hz and sends the bass to the sub)

MTLkra9.jpg

4 - Then the cheapest improvement I have experienced to date.  A EMI and noise suppressor filter circuit-board from England for ?24.00.  The sound was so much cleaner, I checked the before and after waveform on an oscilloscope to see if anything obvious popped up.  No noise, no spikes, just a good 50Hz waveform.  A friend came around and asked what I had done since his last visit 10 days ago

A3nDyVs.png