Author Topic: 48v solar inverter question.  (Read 413 times)

Offline Gerlach

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Far Far away there was a land that was far away.
Re: 48v solar inverter question.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 01:13:25 PM »
That looks similar to the unit I have.   It must be wired by an electrician who must give you a COC afterwards.  I have an electrician if you cannot find a reasonably priced one

There is a supplier in Elsies River, SIK Industies in 3 Botha Street (off Voortrekker Road, just past Halt Road) who have 105 a/h batteries at a reasonable price, certainly cheaper than anyone else I have come across.  I think I have bought at least 12 from them

They are out of stock right now, as are most other places, so worth contacting them soon

If you find anyone else who has a 105 a/h battery for around R1500, let me know, as I have need for some more

One knowlegable supplier I have used is Johan Voges in Brackenfell who trades as Batteries and Solar Inverter - tel 0837700154 and web http://www.batteries-solar.co.za/

Thanks for sending the electrician info @chrisc . My father was a electrician years ago and one of our family members is still one and runs a solar system at his house to so sorted on that part for what to do.

On the battery part, I will be running 170amp or 180amp 12v battery's on my system. Already got a good price on the 180 amp ones, just waiting from another guy to get prices on his 170 amp battery's and the other he got in stock. Will keep you posted when i get prices. On the Solar part I founded a place local that prices is really good for 325watts 36v panels.
Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+132)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
Re: 48v solar inverter question.
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 05:32:11 PM »
I installed 8 three years ago, cycled maybe 5 times in that period. They are now toast.

Yes, its going back.   It was quite warm by this morning and the charge meter showed it was still drawing 2.3 amps at 13.85 volts.  Interpreting the date code on the top, I think this one dates from 2014, as it states N04/P12 which is manufacture / sell-by date (April 2014 and sell by December 2016).   Maybe too much water in the electrolyte
Music is the shorthand of emotion