mission speaker advise

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocatech

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I visited a friend the other day and saw a pair of Mission speakers on the floor and he said they were blown. As always I felt the need to take on the challenge of bringing these speakers back to life. :headbanger:

I connected them to my sony ta-88 amp the one speaker (unit a) the tweeter plays but the woofer does not work at all. i removed the woofer totally and connected it directly to bypass the crossover and it was still dead. so i assume it's not the crossover.

unit b the tweeter plays and the woofer plays slightly.... when i tab the woofer while playing it either stops playing totally or plays properly.I also bypassed the crossover just to confirm the woofer was displaying the same issue and it still does.

can someone tell me what mission speaker it actually is please (pics attached); i think it's a mission 760.
then from your guys experience; could you recommend a recoiling set for the speaker or do you recommend buying new drivers and if so, where and what should i get.

thanks guys any help will be appreciated.................

Latest posts