Bentley acoustics - review 5

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamerm6

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
By Carl Koen:

So this review is long overdue, but here goes... 

For the last couple of years I had been running a Marantz 5006 with Infinity Beta 10 and Beta 50s accompanied by a Jamo Sub 360 and Infinity Kappa center. Needless to say, the sound was amazing. 

A few months ago my Marantz called it a day due to domestic violence. Literally. Francina moved the two front Beta 50s and the banana plugs came out the back. When I turned the amp on, the plugs touched each other and the amp went poof... 

I decided to look what is out there and decided to go for the Marantz 7012. Magnificent little machine. 

All of a sudden the Infinitys seemed lacking...they sounded hollow and empty😬 I never thought such a thing is possible... 

So I was in the market for new speakers. As per usual I tested a whole range of eagerly priced speakers, but they all sounded like my Infinitys. Nothing exciting anymore... 

Then the magic happened! I saw an ad for Bentley Acoustics and decided to give Vaughan a call. He invited me to bring my amp to his sound room to test drive his new models. Not expecting to much, I packed the Marantz and of we went to Vaughan?s... 

What an excellent idea that turned out to be! Fresh, pure, warm sound as I haven?t heard for a VERY long time. And that was from two bookshelf FR100s! Once the FS 150s were connected I was sold. 

I left with two FS150s, two FR100s, a FC150 and two FR80 Atmos speakers for good measure. All of this for less than the price of two well known (spells expensive) brand floor standing towers alone! 

When I got home I immediately connected my new babies, expecting to have less good sound, seeing as I do not have mr Bentley?s perfect sound room setup at home... 

Boy was I wrong! Those babies made it sound as if Metallica was in my living room! Followed by a superb performance by mr David Gilmour and cronies. 

Be it my son on his PS4, the loudest and fastest of metal band, the saddest and purest of acoustic 50?s blues, these babies ROCK. Movies, games, music, whatever you throw at them. They suck it in and spit it out in the most satisfying mince of pleasure imaginable. 

Well done Vaughan, I can never repay you for the hours of pure bliss you have given me thus far, and obviously the many more to come!!?