Bentley Acoustics - customer feedback

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamerm6

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of hearing most of the Bentley Acoustic models in Rudi's lounge while he was tuning the cross-overs. They were still unpainted and unfinished, but they sounded absolutely incredible - at any price. To think they are selling at such competitive prices too... These are seriously worth a listen, and not just because we want to support local - but because they're really that good.

Just had the pleasure of listening to these Bentley Acoustics speakers and my god they do deliver with a punch. They are very clear, warm and seem to handle lots of power without any hint of distortion. The F150 which are the big boys make the B&W 683 S2 sound flat and plain. Mr Bentley has surely exceeded the expectations I had and delivered something that will be hard to beat at that price point. Well done to him and the team. I have placed my order and can't wait to have them installed at my place.

"your speakers made me love music all over again" well done Bentley acoustics! ? Reinach (audio corporation Pretoria)

"absolutely amazing speakers, the detail the warmth, I can't stop listening ? ? Bentley acoustics ? Hein

"Just bought a pair of these Bentley Acoustics FS150.. Which I connected to my 400W Bryston amp system ... amazing, crystal/clear, highly-defined, powerful sound... music to my ears 😃" - Remi Bourton

?If I didn?t already own B&W 683 speakers, I would have bought the Bentley Acoustics hands down!? ? Dimitri.

I purchased a pair of Bentley Acoustics FS120 main speakers and a FC150 centre speaker to replace my existing Wharfedale Diamond 10.6 and Wharfedale 10CS centre. I have an Atmos 5.1.2 setup using an Integra 30.6 receiver.

Out of the box, built quality is very good with good craftsmanship all around. The units are very heavy therefore care needs to be taken moving them into position. I played various scenes ranging the T-Rex scene in Jurassic Park, Speeder Chase scene in Star Wars ? Return of the Jedi to music ranging from Piano guys to Def Leppard and it is as if a whole new world opened with all these tracks. Very fine details were clear and identifiable, and all the sound elements had a very realistic, real life feel to them. The bass was clear and detailed without being overwhelming. Even at higher sound levels the instrumental and dialogue quality remained true and sounded real life without distortion. Before purchasing any other brand of high end speakers, I honestly suggest one must audition a set of Bentley Acoustic speakers with your favourite tracks as they offer very good sound quality and I believe it to be a worthwhile investment if you are serious about getting value for money. Herman Claassens

Ken from AUDICO ?Our staff absolutely love the new Bentley Acoustics, and they listen to different brands all day , they were very impressed - for what they cost they should definitely be on your shortlist!

Hein from E-piphany ?I am truly surprised at how good these speakers sound, good sensitivity, good response clear and precise especially great with a valve amp! Impressed!?

Having bought the FR100 and FC150 first, I couldn?t believe the sound that these speakers produced, outstanding quality with amazing accuracy, crisp high notes and clear vocals. These speakers alone matched many high end full home theatre systems. When the FS120 arrived, nothing could have prepared me. No need for subs! .Amazing.... certainly well worth it and with that price point unbelievable. Thank you Vaughan and Bentley Acoustics for great advice and quality products. Rajhan Govindasami, Verulam, KZN.

As a connoisseur of music of all genres, clarity and balance of the sound on my music system is of primary importance. I want to hear the triangle in an orchestral arrangement without loudness draining the moment. Therefore the audible spectrum must be clearly defined between tweeter, mid-range, low range and sub-woofer. I have searched and listened to many brands including Jamo, Kef, B&W and even ended up buying a pair of Klipch R28F. Nothing could match my Infinity series IIIA Speakers which I owned many years ago. I then listened to the FS150 Bentley Acoustics and I just had to have them! My prejudice towards local manufactured goods were eliminated without breaking the bank. These speakers are solidly built and if your budget is below R20k look no further because with the right amplifier you will enjoy High Fidelity sound guaranteed. Roelie Van Rensburg

The ethos at Bentley Acoustics is simple, build an audiophile quality speaker at an accessible price point. Finished in sleek wood, the Bentley Acoustics build quality is what you'd encounter with speakers at a much higher price point.
The tweeter used in the range of Bentley Acoustics speakers provides a natural non fatiguing sound without losing any of the detail. Allowing for hours of listening pleasure.
The beefy midrange drivers and woofers are full bodied but are also accurate and fast due to the special material used in the cone. This provides a balanced speaker which reproduces instruments and vocals as the were recorded. The range toping 3 way fs150 floorstanders will have you doubting the necessity to add a sub woofer.
Whether you are looking for a full surround home theatre system with atmos, a small stereo system for your office or are somewhere in between, Bentley Acoustics has the speakers for you.
Alex Singo

Klipsch 28f vs Monitor Bronze 6 vs Paradigm vs B&W 683 S2
Have tried plenty of speakers, monitor audio, Klipsch r28f, paradigm monitor 11, sonor audio, mission, tannoy etc etc....then decided to try the Bentley Acoustic 120's.
Arrived extremely well packaged, connected up and started to listen.....from the word go they were good.....very good....but after 1 week of running them in.....they are awesome.....absolutely awesome.
The detail and depth has been restored, you can hear everything like it was meant to be heard!!! Klipsch are sensitive at 97db....sure you can run them on low powered amps....but loud they are, detailed they are not. If you really want to listen and appreciate your music, definitely give the Bentley's a go....you will not be disappointed!

Update from the demo I did yesterday on the Bentley's

I went with the intent of having them sway me off the Klipsch 28f, which sat atop my list off my recent demo's...(but secretly I thought it wouldn't happen)

We at Morne and we got stuck straight into some stereo demo's on the f150s. Kicking off with some great female vocals (Diana Krall, Jasmine Thompson) & off the bat the 150s present this broad sound stage, broader than I had heard on any of the demos to date. My wife immediately commented on not only the presence of stage, but the precision & clarity "it feels like they are sitting right here singing" is what she said almost immediately.

While they project this really broad sound stage at the same time the imaging is incredibly precise...this really came through when we moved onto Stevie Ray Vaughan, and about a third of the way through Tin Pan Alley, I thought to myself my John Mayer live will sound AMAZING on these. You can hear every guitar pluck, breath of voice with insane clarity We move onto some more modern stuff, imagined dragons, Jesse Glynne at a third of the way on the amp the base is clear, has tone but isn't overpowering. My wife asks for the second time "are you sure this only from these 2 speakers?", my only comment on the base I liken to a boxing analogy...I feel like the klipsch base delivery hits you like gut shot right to the stomach, whereas the Bentleys base hits you with body shots all over (liver, stomach upper/lower,chest) really all the sweet spots.

Before moving onto a movie we just give the fr100 bookshelves a go on the same stereo setup & they sound amazing, clear tone, warmth, big sound stage, image THE WORKS. I hadn't demo'd any bookshelves to compare against but these sound better than my current Sony floorstanders. In my mind, I keep thinking it isn't possible that they could be this good

We moved over to 5.1 to try batman vs superman on bluray and the center really shines in amazing harmony with the 150s. We did also demo Morne's awesome cinema room where he has the 120s as fronts and they perform almost better than the 150s driven by the bigger Yamaha, they just again project this immense stage of clarity...also the atmos just adds a whol,new level to the experience

And the whole rest of the day all I could think was it just isn't possible that they can be that good...they are so good in fact that I'm unsure if I'm going to bother doing any other demo's...they are just such excellent value for money.

I may go and get another listen on the Bentleys but yah...I'm actually slightly upset as I was pretty deadset on those 28f's...

They can keep their B&W. Impressed with the Bentleys. Wow the clarity is unbelievable and for the price! Lps ( Vinals ) are sounding great! Will try CDs tonight. When I connect my B&Ws rear and centre the clarity goes down on the music. Peter LE CLERCQ

Ronell Arumugam : Vaughan I have seen and heard your equipment in person and I must say they far superior than the build quality of well known high end speakers. Well done bud. Would definitely consider getting a set soon!

Good morning all you forumites, so i got together with Jozinic to listen to the Bentley's that he has bought and i must say i'm very impressed.
They look good and they sound spectacular. Very impressed with the build quality aswell.
Guys - if you in the market for a new set of speakers - or if you curious to find out how they sound - go listen to them - you will probably go home with a set in your car...that's how good they are.
And because they are locally made - their prices are very affordable against stuff imported from overseas.
5 stars!!