Long haul flights, any tips?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lupo

AVForums Member
Reaction score
It has been ages since I've been on a long haul flight.  We are flying to the US shortly via London. The first leg is just over 11 hours with the second just under 10 hours  :Ooooooh:.  Can't say I'm exited about the prospect, the flying that is.

I understand that most airlines, BA in this case, have electrical outlets to charge your phone/tablet, is this correct?  This wasn't the case last time round in 2011/2012.

Is a power-bank recommended taking into account that we will be staying in a hotel and the phone/tablet chargers seem to be 110v compatible? If so, what should one look out for? (Bearing in mind you don't want to look like a lithium junkie...)

I have read through the security guidelines concerning luggage. One thing that changed since previous trips is "You need to put all (liquid) items in a single, transparent, re-sealable plastic bag of up to 20 x 20cm (8 x 8in) with a total capacity of up to one litre (approx. one quart)...to be screened separately" when part of cabin luggage.

Apart from wearing comfortable clothes, staying hydrated and moving around when possible, which is not as easy as it sounds especially on a crowded plane by the way, are there any tips and/or recommendations for a more agreeable/hassle-free journey?