Author Topic: Locking of old sales posts.  (Read 317 times)

Offline Michon

Locking of old sales posts.
« on: January 04, 2019, 06:21:41 PM »
To quote from this thread; https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,76763.0.html

There are for sale ads going back years that are open.  By chance, I answered an ad dated 18 months past and the item was still available.  A bit of haggling followed of course

I have had some success with answering old sales threads too.

I have thought about suggesting to moderators that we make an effort to lock old for sale threads, but I realise the moderation team already have a lot on their hands.

If others feel that is a worthwhile end to pursue I am willing to assist the moderation team in this process by locking past sale threads that need to be locked (as in cases where the products for sale have been sold or the advert is older than a certain cut-off date that can be decided by central or democratic means) and find out whether the goods are still for sale in cases where it is not clear whether the items advertised are still available.

There may be equipment lurking on page 50 plus for instance that some forum members want, but do not know is available.
There may also be items advertised in the far past that the sellers themselves have forgotten about.
Plate, vakuum buis versterkers en breŽband oorvormers.

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
Re: Locking of old sales posts.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 09:50:21 PM »
Michon, thank you for your interest in this matter. We discussed it and the general feeling is to let sleeping dogs lie, it is not that much of an issue that the old posts should be locked, particularly when a few recent posts have shown that the sale had never been finalised and the goods were still available.

Having said that, we would prefer it if sellers would request that the posts be locked once the sale has been finalised.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Michon

Re: Locking of old sales posts.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 10:27:33 PM »
Okay. Thank you F_D and thank you to the moderation and administration team for keeping the forum going. It is appreciated.
Plate, vakuum buis versterkers en breŽband oorvormers.