How to get the best sound and video quality out of my LaserDisc player

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeonC

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi guys

I need some advice from the more experienced members on the forum. I have a LaserDisc player as a secondary source. I got a number of LDs in a bundle purchase, so I decided to buy a LaserDisc player. I ended up spending a good deal more than I budgeted, but I am very happy with the player I got. So here is my question- how do I maximise the sound and video quality from my LaserDisc player. From what I can figure I will have to feed sound and video separately to my AVR, but I would like to hear from the more knowledgeable folks here on the forum.

OK, let's get down to the brass tacks. I have a Pioneer Elite CLD-99 and the NAD T757 AV receiver. I will have to double-check on the AVR model number, though. So my thoughts are to use the RF out to get AC-3 surround, but will my AVR be able to accept it? Or use the co-ax, but will I get surround sound with it? And which output to use for the best video? I know you get s-video to HDMI converters, so this is an option.

That all said, what do the forum LD player gurus suggest?

Thanks,
Deon