Author Topic: Question regarding dac/amp and PC gaming  (Read 741 times)

Offline pandaattack

Re: Question regarding dac/amp and PC gaming
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 03:35:11 PM »
/snip
I sold those eventually and did the same thing again, with the 599's (I bought them thinking they were the next generation of the 598 which they are not so it was a bit of an eff up.
/snip

Sennheiser's naming convention is confusing at the BEST of times. I now follow the rule of thumb that no matter what they name something, it is utterly and completely different than whatever else is in their line up with a similar name.
\_(ツ)_/

Offline Gallderhen

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 08:30:49 PM »
So I finally got my Mobius today, and WOW.

I've only tried it for an hour or so, but I think my wife sums it up perfectly: It feels like your sitting at the recording instruments, and the band is playing just behind the window  ; :D

-G-

Offline ronman

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 01:16:17 PM »
Hi
Got here a bit late
I started with a pair of Corsair 5.1's, then moved to a pair of Sennheiser HD598s. Both ran off an Asus D2X soundcard. Lovely onboard combo for games, music and movies.   From there I moved up to a pair of HD6xx on a Woo Audio 3 headphone amp fed off a Cary DAC using SPDIF from the mainboard. Stunning setup. Unbelievable with anything I put through it. Even though it's a stereo setup the directionality of sound and movement during gaming is easy to pinpoint a shooter, approaching vehicle or chopper in F.P.S games.   
Hope you loving your new setup as much as I am loving mine!