Your Album of the Year 2018

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyP

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
As the magazines and newspapers and online thingies do their albums of the year, I always find some music I would have otherwise missed.  So, please can we all (yep, all of us) nominate our favourite album of 2018.  This does come with some rules, however.  If it was first released in 2018, fine.  If it was recorded well or even just in advance of 2018, fine (eg. The lost Coltrane album or Sun Ra new releases).  If it is a re-release of an album, not fine (eg. Remastered Beatles).  Let?s get a new music thread out of this for albums.

Please also give a brief idea of what it is (not necessarily a review).

My contribution:

Chris Carter - Chemistry Lessons Vol. 1

Analogue synths, digital treatments and lots of samples combined to make an album of tunes and soundscapes from the former TG keyboard guy.  Lots of treatment of found sounds and all of it adds up to a very mellow and pleasant listen.  If you like any of the Tangerine Dream/Berlin School, early eighties, Warp records 90s output or just the sound of analogue synth with samples and treatments, you will love it.