Help with 2-way design.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oradba69

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
First of I know very little about speaker design and even less about crossover design, but here is the story.
Good friend of mine passed away a few years ago and I am fortunate to have 2 sets of his 'homebuilt' speakers. One is a pair of Seas Trym kits that I currently use in my AV setup.
The other is a set of 2-ways that has been retrofitted to and old pair of Arcam boxes with a thick baffle. These always sounded quite good and only let down by the cosmetic side of things.
Since I do have some woodwork tools I thought about doing these over as a nostalgic piece in remembrance of Francois....but maybe with a slight twist if at all possible.
He was always of the opinion that he very seldom heard a bad TL speaker and was always keen to built them. (He did build a few that sounded spectacular but I never got the chance to buy any of them).
I would appreciate if anybody can indicate if a TL is possible or recommended with the following drivers:(I am thinking small floorstander)
Focal 6V415
and a sticky Scanspeak D2905/9000
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Latest posts