DSTV cut me off - again

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Been a Premium DSTV subscriber since day one, which was 1995 and always paid annually.  Despite this, I am cut off 3 or 4 times a year and it is a mission to get it put back

I received an invitation to complete a "survey" about this, and someone actually put his name on the email, so I told him....

I am dissatisfied, since, even though I have paid annually since 1995 when the service started, you disconnect me at least 3 or 4 times a year

There is then increasing difficulty in getting it re-connected, resulting more and more with an argument with your staff who insist they are right and I am wrong.  This week I needed to phone 6 times and each time I heard a different excuse as to why I must pay to get it reconnected.  I also regularly receive SMS telling me a certain sum is due

No-one is interested in putting this right, I have send several emails which can take up to a month to be answered, usually with a useless reply

Up to 2012, my annual renewal date was mid-April.  You changed this, without reason or notification, to February and my requests to have it put back, or a refund for March and April were ignored.  You therefore received 2 months fees for delivering nothing.  This is theft.  No good telling me this is "an adjustment".  It is simple theft

I learn you are losing premium subscribers

Treating them like this is no wonder

My father had a monthly debit order going from 1996 to 2007.  On 3 occasions he saw a double-debit going off.  Being a 93 year old man, he was confused about the various reasons you gave him as to why it was correct.  I emailed you a copy of the relevant bank statement.  Your response was that it was "invalid".  More theft?  Dressing up theft into words like "debit runs" and "early month end" is still theft

If I owe you R0,01 I will be cut off.  The other way around is quite alright apparently