Author Topic: Treasure cove: Something special  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Music lover and involved in industry
    • Airmusic
Treasure cove: Something special
« on: December 13, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »
I am opening this thread for some treasures that I  will put on the market from time to time. Mostly traded-in items from brands that I endorse, or have been involved with for some time. I might also list some demo models from time to time over here. Consider it a place where the family and extended family members can buy something special at prices that are as special as the products.

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
Re: Treasure cove: Pathos Classic One Mk1
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 05:55:01 PM »
This Pathos Classic One is probably one of the 1st amps I imported in the mid 90's together with my own Pathos Twin Towers(TT). It is in a very good condition with a few scuff marks here and there. The amp is a 50W hybrid with ECC88 as drivers and a single pair of mosfets as output devices. In the past year I have used it now and again and kept it for sentimental reasons but I think it is better to let someone else that will appreciate the amp have it.

The sound of this amp has a bit of folklore story around it as some users/reviewers swore that it has a magical quality especially if it is used in a bridged manner. I can't say, never heard it in that configuration. All I can say it is the closest to the magic of the TT in the midrange. It is very transparent, open and sweet. It is warmer sounding than subsequent versions(MK II and MKII). The bass is very much like a typical valve amp, somewhat tubby but with lost of detail. When pushed the top end gets a bit harsh and the bass becomes more woolly. I would match it with a sensitive speaker in a small to a medium sized room.

ONE SNAG: THE VOLUME CAN'T BE CONTROLLED WITH A REMOTE> there is no way that I nor the manufacturer can solve this problem. I have tried. I am not prepared to butcher the amp by installing a different volume pot.

ASKING PRICE R6500.00 and I prefer that it should be collected or I will deliver in JHB surroundings. (If someone really makes a case for it to be couriered I will consider it at the buyers own costs and risk)

Offline vleisman

Re: Treasure cove: Something special
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 06:03:24 PM »
I can't quite figure out why I haven't sent my PM yet... somebody grab this before I cave

Tres beau

Offline georgev

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 06:31:34 PM »
When is the TT coming up?
 :groovy:
" For by Grace you have been saved through Faith..............It is the free gift of God". Ephesians 2: 8-9

Offline King_Julian_S

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 07:06:57 PM »
That price
Non audiophile music lover...

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 09:56:08 AM »
The Classic One has found a new home. There will be some interesting units available soon, most of them I had the pleasure to listen to and that I feel that I can personally stand up for endorse.

Offline Skhudi

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 11:39:35 PM »
The Classic One has found a new home. There will be some interesting units available soon, most of them I had the pleasure to listen to and that I feel that I can personally stand up for endorse.
When endorsed by you, there is no second guessing

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
Treasure cove: Something special
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 02:12:24 PM »
This Pathos Logos Mkii is now available. It has a HIDac Mk1 on board. The price for this beautiful sounding and looking amp is R29 000.00. There are legendary comments on the forum about what this integrated amp is capable of. To my mind one of the all seasons designs from Pathos Acoustics in Italy. Many Pathos enthusiasts think that the Logos’ design is the most beautiful of the available Pathos products.

It was recently checked by Alan Hobkirk and comes with a NOS of Mulllard valves.

Specifications

Type: Integrated stereo amplifier, hybrid technology.
Preamplifier stage: Tube (2 x 6922 ECC88), class A
Final stage: MOSFET, class AB
Output power: 2 x 110 W RMS @ 8 Ω (Both channels driven.)
Frequency response: 5 Hz - 140 kHz ± 0.5 dB
Max input voltage: 6 V RMS
Input sensitivity: 500 mV RMS (39 dB Gain)
Input impedance: 32 kΩ unbalanced, 20 kΩ balanced
Output polarity: Non- inverting, balanced pin 2 +
Volume regulator: Burr Brown PGA2310 (100 steps)
Damping Factor: 360 @ 8 Ω
THD: 0.02% @ 1 W, 0.2% @ 110 W
S/N Ratio: >90 dB
Power requirements: 200 W @ 100 WPC / 130W @ zero volume < 0.5 W @ standby

Connections
Analogue line inputs: 2 x balanced XLR, 5 x RCA
Outputs: 1 x pre out stereo, 1 x sub out mono
Digital inputs (Optional HiDac board required): 1 x USB port type "B", 2 x S/PDIF coaxial
Dimensions: 16.5" (D) x 16.9" (W) x 6.7" (H)
Packed dimensions: 23.6" (D) x 23.6" (W) x 13.77"(H)
Weight (net / packed): 61.7 lb (28Kg) / 66.1 (30Kg)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:16:07 PM by Air »

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 04:59:57 PM »
With such strong interest in the components that are in the Treasure Cove, it is hard to decide what I should show next. At the moment it is really raining amps  ;)

Watch this space is all I can say, some really special amps are knocking on the door, like a special edition version of an amp that I never thought would be available in the market to one that I would be happy to sell to best friends with the knowledge that is untouchable in terms of musicality, value and build quality.

Thanks for all the interest so far.  :cool:

Come peek in #airmusic_treasurecove on Instagram to see what else is inside the treasure cove
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:24:19 PM by Air »

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2020, 11:14:08 AM »
Not to my surprise, this exquisite Pathos TT anniversary was not in the treasure cove for very long before it found a new loving home. Besides almost brand new and in perfect condition, the finish was ordered specifically for its original owner and one of a few across the globe - a real treasure. The sound, well what can I say, in the right company is absolutely stunning.

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
Re: Treasure cove: Something special -Allnic t-1500 mk2 300B SET
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2020, 10:28:47 AM »
I am a big fan of the 300B valve, done well the reputation that it has built up over the years is well earned. If implemented in a sub-standard way the 300B is overrated, not worth a cent. Over the years I have listened to many 300b amps, some pathetic sounding from China and some awesome sounding amps incl some from the DIY community in SA.

This Allnic T-1500 mk2is one of the best 300B SET amps I have heard. On top of all the typical 300B virtues, it has verve control and with the right speakers a dynamism that will surprise many. Ergonomically it is a pleasure to use and the build quality is top-notch.

It is a privilege to have this amp in the treasure cove to try and find the right owner who will appreciate it  ;) I have some interest already generated by the grapevine and the price as always when dealing with me will be good - those that have done business with me know this well.  (Please note that the Audio Note valves are not included but it will come with a new set of Electro Harmonix 300Bs)

Output Power:  10w + 10w (4, 8 or 16Ω load, at 1KHz)
• Distortion:  0.3% at 1KHz, 2.83V
• Frequency Response:  20Hz – 20KHz Flat
• S/N Ratio:  -80dB (CCIR, 1KHz)
• Damping Factor:  10 at 8Ω load at 1KHz
• Voltage gain: +35dB
• Input Impedance:  10KΩ (single-ended, unbalanced)
• Input Sensitivity:  230mV for rated power
• Tubes:  300B X 2 (power triode), 6SL7(6N9P)  X 1 (First tube), 6SN7 X 1 (Second tube)
• Fuses:   AC Mains – 3A / 250V (110W) (two supplied – one is a spare). Tubes -0.5A, 250V, 20mm glass type
• Dimensions:  (W x D x H) 430mm x 380mm x 240mm
• Weight: 22kg net. 26kg shipping weight

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 05:44:25 PM »
Something to tempt you all with during the times the virus, a real Italian thoroughbred.

https://airmusic.co.za/product/franco-serblin-accordo/

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 10:09:25 AM »
This Pathos Logos Mkii is now available. It has a HIDac Mk1 on board. The price for this beautiful sounding and looking amp is R29 000.00. There are legendary comments on the forum about what this integrated amp is capable of. To my mind one of the all seasons designs from Pathos Acoustics in Italy. Many Pathos enthusiasts think that the Logos’ design is the most beautiful of the available Pathos products.

It was recently checked by Alan Hobkirk and comes with a NOS of Mulllard valves.

Specifications

Type: Integrated stereo amplifier, hybrid technology.
Preamplifier stage: Tube (2 x 6922 ECC88), class A
Final stage: MOSFET, class AB
Output power: 2 x 110 W RMS @ 8 Ω (Both channels driven.)
Frequency response: 5 Hz - 140 kHz ± 0.5 dB
Max input voltage: 6 V RMS
Input sensitivity: 500 mV RMS (39 dB Gain)
Input impedance: 32 kΩ unbalanced, 20 kΩ balanced
Output polarity: Non- inverting, balanced pin 2 +
Volume regulator: Burr Brown PGA2310 (100 steps)
Damping Factor: 360 @ 8 Ω
THD: 0.02% @ 1 W, 0.2% @ 110 W
S/N Ratio: >90 dB
Power requirements: 200 W @ 100 WPC / 130W @ zero volume < 0.5 W @ standby

Connections
Analogue line inputs: 2 x balanced XLR, 5 x RCA
Outputs: 1 x pre out stereo, 1 x sub out mono
Digital inputs (Optional HiDac board required): 1 x USB port type "B", 2 x S/PDIF coaxial
Dimensions: 16.5" (D) x 16.9" (W) x 6.7" (H)
Packed dimensions: 23.6" (D) x 23.6" (W) x 13.77"(H)
Weight (net / packed): 61.7 lb (28Kg) / 66.1 (30Kg)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This Pathos also has found a home.
Lots of interest in this unit, not surprisingly even international interest.

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
Re: Treasure cove: Something special -Allnic t-1500 mk2 300B SET
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 04:32:44 PM »
This lovely sounding amp also has found a home. Interestingly there has been strong interest in this Allnic, shows that there is still an appreciation for unique products that are not commodities.

I am a big fan of the 300B valve, done well the reputation that it has built up over the years is well earned. If implemented in a sub-standard way the 300B is overrated, not worth a cent. Over the years I have listened to many 300b amps, some pathetic sounding from China and some awesome sounding amps incl some from the DIY community in SA.

This Allnic T-1500 mk2is one of the best 300B SET amps I have heard. On top of all the typical 300B virtues, it has verve control and with the right speakers a dynamism that will surprise many. Ergonomically it is a pleasure to use and the build quality is top-notch.

It is a privilege to have this amp in the treasure cove to try and find the right owner who will appreciate it  ;) I have some interest already generated by the grapevine and the price as always when dealing with me will be good - those that have done business with me know this well.  (Please note that the Audio Note valves are not included but it will come with a new set of Electro Harmonix 300Bs)

Output Power:  10w + 10w (4, 8 or 16Ω load, at 1KHz)
• Distortion:  0.3% at 1KHz, 2.83V
• Frequency Response:  20Hz – 20KHz Flat
• S/N Ratio:  -80dB (CCIR, 1KHz)
• Damping Factor:  10 at 8Ω load at 1KHz
• Voltage gain: +35dB
• Input Impedance:  10KΩ (single-ended, unbalanced)
• Input Sensitivity:  230mV for rated power
• Tubes:  300B X 2 (power triode), 6SL7(6N9P)  X 1 (First tube), 6SN7 X 1 (Second tube)
• Fuses:   AC Mains – 3A / 250V (110W) (two supplied – one is a spare). Tubes -0.5A, 250V, 20mm glass type
• Dimensions:  (W x D x H) 430mm x 380mm x 240mm
• Weight: 22kg net. 26kg shipping weight