EFT payment delays

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Capitec Bank account.

Payments made from other Capitec accounts reflect immediately they are made by the payer

Most other banks (ABSA is by far the best) will reflect the following morning, as long as the payment is made before 4.00pm.  Some appear the following afternoon.  FNB's "instant EFTs" only come through the following day,

However, payments from Standard Bank have been taking 2 or 3 days to appear.  Despite me receiving the notification at 9.30 on a Monday, it only reflected in my account on a Thursday at 2.00pm.  This means the SB have been holding on to the money for an extra 3 days.  The payment is deducted immediately from the payers account

This has occurred since March this year.  An absolute waste of time enquiring with SB.  They simply hide behind bureaucratic bank-speak and refuse to answer the question.  My neighbour has a SB account and when she phoned the bank to ascertain the delay, was told to visit a branch as no info is given on the phone.  This after she had identified herself with her full name, ID number, account number, how many SB accounts she has, street address, phone number, balance of account, dates of debit order.  They said she needed to answer 8 security questions and went all through this rigmarole, then told her the info was restricted.

Latest posts