Author Topic: Bauer Der Plattenspieler DPS new colour option. Fresh look. Sound we trust.  (Read 486 times)

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 07:04:00 AM by Hi-Phibian »
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline Nidri

That is beautiful.

Offline King_Julian_S

+1
Non audiophile music lover...

Offline Gerlach

OOOllalalalalaaaa!!!! That looks really nice!!!
Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter RŲhrl)

Offline itscraig

Beautiful, pricing?

Offline Vinylvulture

Stunning! That's going straight on my wish list.

Sent from my LLD-L21 using Tapatalk

Offline AudioEars

Beautiful ... Price please?

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
Beautiful ... Price please?

Euro 6100 for der  Plattenspieler and Euro 2600 for der tonarm. 
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline El Sid

Euro 6100 for der  Plattenspieler and Euro 2600 for der tonarm.

Mein Gott!! That is a scheissload of money...

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
Mein Gott!! That is a scheissload of money...

Itís not cheap but by no means the most expensive.  It is however in the top class of turntables.

I selected DPS after reading about it and then listening at a Munich High End visit to many top tables costing as much and more.  Some costing multiples of the Bauer DPS.  It will hold its own against any of those.  Because of innovative methods of handling problems rather than throwing more aircraft aluminium for mass and ever tighter machine tolerances at things for small gains.

A turntable should be at home in a living room too and I believe itís elegant looks allow this. 

Willi Bauer the designer of the turntable, is a music lover.  I have been at his store several times now
and he gets excited like a teenager when some of his customers arrive with good music that is new to him.  Most of his customers are music lovers rather than audio hobbyists.  This passion for music and a realist approach outside of that ultra high end bubble,  I believe has allowed him to make a player that does music from all genres well without showing off. 

Offline El Sid

Itís not cheap but by no means the most expensive.  It is however in the top class of turntables.

I selected DPS after reading about it and then listening at a Munich High End visit to many top tables costing as much and more.  Some costing multiples of the Bauer DPS.  It will hold its own against any of those.  Because of innovative methods of handling problems rather than throwing more aircraft aluminium for mass and ever tighter machine tolerances at things for small gains.

A turntable should be at home in a living room too and I believe itís elegant looks allow this. 

Willi Bauer the designer of the turntable, is a music lover.  I have been at his store several times now
and he gets excited like a teenager when some of his customers arrive with good music that is new to him.  Most of his customers are music lovers rather than audio hobbyists.  This passion for music and a realist approach outside of that ultra high end bubble,  I believe has allowed him to make a player that does music from all genres well without showing off.

Sorry G! I didn't mean to dis this beauty of a TT - it certainly looks the part - both sonically and aesthetically. I guess I was hoping it was more like "R6100 for der  Plattenspieler and R2600 for der tonarm"   :ROFLMAO:

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
Sorry G! I didn't mean to dis this beauty of a TT - it certainly looks the part - both sonically and aesthetically. I guess I was hoping it was more like "R6100 for der  Plattenspieler and R2600 for der tonarm"   :ROFLMAO:

I would be rich and very busy!!!!