Author Topic: So loadshedding is back  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Gerlach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Far Far away there was a land that was far away.
Re: So loadshedding is back
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2018, 10:18:34 AM »
It is a 60kva 3 phase generator with 400 liter fuel tank. So yes it is big. Also cage needs to be galvanised and installed

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Best option, get a old 6meter shipping container and move it into it if you can.

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

Offline Katji

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2018, 10:29:52 AM »
wow. I wonder about the cooling.  The only one I know, they added a...one of those air-driven extractor things on top.
That first pic, it is on castor wheels. I didn't know you could get castor wheels that can take weight like that.

Offline Katji

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2018, 10:34:29 AM »
It seems we're lucky in Durban, central Durban.  Only 2 hours each day - since Friday, so far I know.
And today, so far so good, 10:37 and it still hasn't happened - last 3 days it has gone off a few minutes after 10:00.

Offline Katji

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2018, 10:37:38 AM »
Some call it Koeberg...
Koeberg is old.  Jus' sayin'.  ...Glad I live far from it.

Offline naughty

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2018, 10:48:49 AM »
It seems we're lucky in Durban, central Durban.  Only 2 hours each day - since Friday, so far I know.
And today, so far so good, 10:37 and it still hasn't happened - last 3 days it has gone off a few minutes after 10:00.

You are in Glenwood? or you work in an area that went off from 10:00 to 12:00 the last three days then today and tomorrow its from 12:00 to 14:00 and then on Friday and Saturday its from 14:00 to 16:00 in those areas

Sunday its from 22:00 to 23:00 but this is after the cutoff time of 22:00 so it might not happen unless they go to stage 3 or go 24 hours - currently it is in stage 2 rolling rotation from 9am to 10pm (and reverts to stage 1 in the non peak hours or stops) 

you need to download the Durban schedule or you can PM me your whatsapp number and i can forward it to you if you like ... about the couple of minutes after - it was actually exact timing according to internet time - so accurate that you can actually set your watch by it - if the schedule says 10PM then according to internet time it cuts off at exactly 10PM to the second, and goes back on when the schedule says to the second

also in Durban it only deviates from the schedule when there is a problem with the switchgear - otherwise the schedule has been pretty accurate so far ... hasnt deviated once in my area
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:00:39 AM by naughty »

Offline Gerlach

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2018, 11:04:47 AM »
wow. I wonder about the cooling.  The only one I know, they added a...one of those air-driven extractor things on top.
That first pic, it is on castor wheels. I didn't know you could get castor wheels that can take weight like that.

Cooling, easy like this:

Ventilation vents front and back to cool it down. This stuff is still small. You must check the 12 meter container version you get from CAT.

You must see the one's Neotel Cape Town is using and some other ISP's. They got massive outjies.

On the caster wheels part, they can take some heavy load. They one's they use on our skips can take about 20 tons Plus. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:08:24 AM by Gerlach »

Offline andredt

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2018, 11:14:18 AM »
A Quad Turbo Genny YOH!!!!!!!!
For the love of music.
B&W Rotel Marantz H&K Micro Seiki

Offline BWS

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Keep calm and play Fortnite
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2018, 11:47:10 AM »
Koeberg is old.  Jus' sayin'.  ...Glad I live far from it.

It's a French design, not Ruski so no Chernobyl here thank you :point:
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline HB

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2018, 11:47:41 AM »
"Miliwatt Park"   :ROFLMAO:
When You Come to a Fork in the Road, Take It!            [Yogi Berra]

Offline Gerlach

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2018, 12:05:54 PM »
A Quad Turbo Genny YOH!!!!!!!!

Jip V20 and it's 5.2l per cylinder, You must actually hear this stuff when they start up and when the cooling fan is running. It's loud!

Offline Katji

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2018, 12:30:10 PM »
It's a French design, not Ruski so no Chernobyl here thank you :point:
:) Ja, but old, and...I dunno, maybe better if they don't do maintenance testing, just leave it alone.

Offline Katji

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2018, 12:33:26 PM »
You are in Glenwood? or you work in an area that went off from 10:00 to 12:00 the last three days then today and tomorrow its from 12:00 to 14:00 and then on Friday and Saturday its from 14:00 to 16:00 in those areas

Sunday its from 22:00 to 23:00 but this is after the cutoff time of 22:00 so it might not happen unless they go to stage 3 or go 24 hours - currently it is in stage 2 rolling rotation from 9am to 10pm (and reverts to stage 1 in the non peak hours or stops) 

you need to download the Durban schedule or you can PM me your whatsapp number and i can forward it to you if you like ... about the couple of minutes after - it was actually exact timing according to internet time - so accurate that you can actually set your watch by it - if the schedule says 10PM then according to internet time it cuts off at exactly 10PM to the second, and goes back on when the schedule says to the second

also in Durban it only deviates from the schedule when there is a problem with the switchgear - otherwise the schedule has been pretty accurate so far ... hasnt deviated once in my area

Thanks.  I sent 2 PMs but they don't show in Sent Messages.  :-\  Logged out, logged in, 2-3 times.  :-\
So I got this PDF on the metro website but...Glenwood - block 4, but I can't match that with the daily timetables.  :nfi:

Offline naughty

« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2018, 12:36:24 PM »
Power is off now - when it comes back on I will copy that schedule from my phone and post it here for you

On the schedule I have Glenwood is in block 14 together with Berea park and a few others - power just went of at 12:00 so if yours is off now then the schedule I have is accurate enough

Also probably an issue with PM system because I haven't received any yet
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:43:58 PM by naughty »

Offline Mervin

« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2018, 12:37:34 PM »
We had a 33kVA down due to stress on feeder cables having shorts... was down for 18 hours now 4 hours off 4 hours on
So much time wasted
Behind the cupboard door... Narnia

Offline naughty

« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2018, 02:25:18 PM »
@Katji - okay power is back on - so i took all the smaller pics in my whatsapp file and made them into one big pic so if anyone needs the Durban schedule here it is .... hope that the forum software or hosting site doesnt make it smaller then you wont be able to read it .... also not sure how to post thumbnails so im posting it as a fullsize jpeg so apologies in advance if this breaks your internet (its around 2125 by 4372 pixels)

Edit : forum software seems to be resizing it - see if you can PM me your whatsapp number or if the PM system is still not working properly then send it to my secondary email addy .... naughty573(a)gmail.com (replace the (a) with @)and i will forward you that schedule that i have - it will also work if you send me your e-mail addy instead of whatsapp number then i can e-mail the big file as an attachment just as easily as forwarding the whatsapp copy .... whichever you are more comfortable with

also note that bit about it being in stage 1 is out of date ie they increased it to stage 2 last week Thursday or Friday - but the rest seems to be accurate

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:35:54 PM by naughty »