Author Topic: DAF  (Read 409 times)

Offline vleisman

DAF
« on: December 02, 2018, 07:51:14 PM »
For Jon. Wasn't sure where to post this so made a new thread. DAF are very rare in this country and in the past few weeks I've stumbled across 2 albums.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Online JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
Re: DAF
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 08:00:05 PM »
Nice find - looks like a boot as it is performances over a number of years (and albums).  Hamburg Markthalle still has gigs apparently but most bands I’ve seen there are at smaller venues (generally in Ubel und Gefarliche’ which is the nuclear bunker site on top of the WW2 bunker.  Very suited to their sound!
The Philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways.  The point, however, is to change it.

Offline Vinylvulture

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 08:45:24 AM »
How have I never heard of them?! This is great!

Sent from my LLD-L21 using Tapatalk

Online JonnyP

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 09:20:55 AM »
If you like them, try SPK (up to about 1983), early Cabaret Voltaire, Nitzer Ebb, Front 242 and Die Krupps.  Off kilter early industrial but eminently danceable in all cases.
The Philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways.  The point, however, is to change it.

Offline Vinylvulture

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 09:59:30 AM »
Awesome. Will listen to all of them. Thanks!

Have you heard of Klaus Johann Grobe? Not very industrial but extremely danceable and amazing bass lines.

Offline vleisman

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 10:18:08 AM »
Nice find - looks like a boot as it is performances over a number of years (and albums).  Hamburg Markthalle still has gigs apparently but most bands I’ve seen there are at smaller venues (generally in Ubel und Gefarliche’ which is the nuclear bunker site on top of the WW2 bunker.  Very suited to their sound!

I'm pretty sure it a bootleg - the actual records have plain white labels, not even the side is indicated. Also, one solid groove, no song breaks. No idea about quality yet, gave them a clean last night, will listen some time this week  :clap: :rubhands:

Online JonnyP

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 11:35:41 AM »
Can't believe I forgot to mention Coil (particularly Loves Secret Domain and Backwards) and 23 Skidoo (7 Songs, Gospel Comes to New Guinea, Tearing Up The Plans) alongside other early 80s 'industrial' dance music.

Did mean I'll spend all day with SPK (Leichenschrei) in the background at work weirding out any visitors!