Author Topic: Anyone have experience with Dynaudio XEO 3 Active speakers?  (Read 700 times)

Online PAPPA3

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Nakamichi Banana Plugs Just Arrived 22 Jan. 2019

Offline stereosane

Re: Anyone have experience with Dynaudio XEO 3 Active speakers?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 06:23:02 PM »
The pair for sale on AVSA are a bargain. The owner has upgraded to the Kef LX50 Active set and he canít stop raving about them, he complained about the stands been wobbly and a lack of bass on the Dyns, but I think his room was a bit big.

I can ask him for more info if you want?

Online PAPPA3

• Trader
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 07:59:30 PM »
The pair for sale on AVSA are a bargain. The owner has upgraded to the Kef LX50 Active set and he canít stop raving about them, he complained about the stands been wobbly and a lack of bass on the Dyns, but I think his room was a bit big.

I can ask him for more info if you want?

I've been chatting to him. Bought from him before. Loved the bass on the Dynaudio 42 bookshelves, so would be surprised if these don't do good bass. Are you friends with him?

Offline stereosane

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 08:32:25 PM »
He is one of my customers, I spoke very highly of my DynAudio so I showed him the pair that Mahesh had for sale from Multiroom AV, so he decided to grab them, he moved from a real high end setup to them which must have been quite an adjustment. They definetly not bass shy, just his room size been big. They in excellent cond, he takes great care of his gear.

Online PAPPA3

• Trader
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 09:51:08 PM »
My room is about 5m deep and 4m wide

I'm thinking carefully. It will meaning choosing to go from a 5.1 system to a 2 channel system. What I lose from the 5.1 I gain in convenience of having a simple system with very little cables