Samsung Q6FN & Denon X1400H ARC issues

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakboy

Reaction score
I'm having issues with using ARC on my X1400H when I have anything plug into the HDMI inputs.
Been struggling the whole week to get it to work and tired of pulling out the HDMI cables to test :headbanger:

When I have nothing plugged into the X1400H then Q6FN picks it up immediately and enables ARC. Everything fine and Netflix app give 5.1 sound.
Issue comes in now that when I plug in anything from my PS4 to Apple TV to HTPC the Q6FN "forgets" that HDMI4 was the X1400H and now displays unknown.

If I try to get the Q6FN to rescan and recognises the X1400H it doesn't pick it up and I have to manually select that this is a Denon reciver.
Volume controls then work on the receiver using the TV remote, but I have to now plug in a optical cable for any sound to work.

I have tried every combination of HDMI PassThrough, HDMI Control, ARC and TV Audio Switching I could do but nothing works when I have anything connected to Input 1-5.
Plug everything out, remove and reset cable on TV and it magically recognises the receiver and ARC then works.

I did some research and found out that earlier this year there was a problem with Samsung QLED TVs and Denon AVRs but firmware for both where release that was to fix this issues.
Something to do with EDID timing being increased on the QLEDs to allow for VRR.

I have even tried new "High Speed Ethernet 18Gb/s" cables for all connection and nothing  :sd:
For the love of me I cannot understand why when plugging something into the receiver the ARC connection disappears.
I first thought that it might be the HTPC but when only using my AppleTV or PS4/Xbox it does the same.

Anything I might have missed or am I going to have to live with the optical cable?

Latest posts