LEGAL implications of selling as commercial member... in your PRIVATE capacity.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judy@Rtec

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
In reference to my recently locked post ... here... https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,75324.msg886061.html#msg886061

1) I am (or represent) a REGISTERED AV company.
2) As such .... I am by default a commercial member (IMPORTANT... not a casual TRADER that can avoid the legalities )
3) I am VAT registered, so add 15% VAT to each commercial sale.
4) I give a minimum of 6 month Warrantee (AS REQUIRED BY LAW)
5) etc etc etc

LEGALLY I can not sell under my company name (or within such section on this site), unless I am willing to adhere to the above.

So ? For private sales I HAVE TO CLEARLY SELL in my private capacity on a platform intended for private sales, NOT within a trader section.

So sorry guys, unless such distinction can be made on AVFORUMS, please look out for all future sales on Facebook.  I will not be posting private sales here. Because? ya know, I am a stickler ito legalities.

PS: if someone wants to help me out and the cross link it to the heads-up section? that would be great.  It's probably twice a year.

Over and out.

OH... black friday post to follow!  All prices will include VAT.... and warranty  ;)

Latest posts