My viewpoint pertaining to the current and future state of South Africa

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Working at 6 am and get a call from my mom, they broke into my sister place (not far from where I stay) and basically cleaned them out.  A noise was heard at 2 am but nothing was seen so they went back to sleep.
Sad part is that people are saying they can be glad they were not harmed, oh well crap statement for any place to be.

Let's consider the following
- State of Hospitals and general healthcare
- Number of people paying tax (3 million based on 90% tax income generated) compared to 32 million in the UK with SA and UK having the same (close) number of citizens
- RAF - bankrupt
- Eskom - Bankrupt and we saw stage 1 load shedding being implemented.  Went solar and now there is talk to tax my solar energy
- Municipalities - Most of them, cannot support infrastructure and some cannot pay salaries
- SABC - on a lifeline
- Work has dried up and drive around and see how many companies are closing/closed
- Petrol/Diesel price (read a local news article comparing SA petrol prices to international and said Portugal was 200% more expensive.  I was there in August and total lies, it is actually cheaper if you convert and you earn Euros there)
- etc etc etc

Read an article of a guying returning back to SA from Europe as he misses his 4x4 drives, racing his motorbike around Swartkops which could be fine if that what was life about.
Not all of us have opportunities to make a move and I think SA is one of the most beautiful countries world but teh cancer is too much

Latest posts