Author Topic: Acoustic Panels  (Read 325 times)

Online Dhiveshan

Acoustic Panels
« on: August 02, 2018, 10:28:00 PM »
Thought I'd share : www.oxlandacoustics.com.

Purchased 4 acoustic panels from Keegan recently. Made a world of difference to my setup. Highly knowledgable,  reasonably priced and so pleasant to deal with.

Online Jason Willemse

Re: Acoustic Panels
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 05:23:39 AM »
Thought I'd share : www.oxlandacoustics.com.

Purchased 4 acoustic panels from Keegan recently. Made a world of difference to my setup. Highly knowledgable,  reasonably priced and so pleasant to deal with.
Yeah Keagan is pretty passionate about what he does. Iíve always been impressed with his work and speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Dhiveshan

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 07:56:42 PM »
I looked into this 'cos my stereo image was always pulling to the right. My music room doubles as a study and has bookshelves along the left wall. Not sure if this might have had anything to do with it. Installing the panels on the front and back walls centralised the image immediately. While I don't yet understand why, I'm glad it worked.

Does anyone have any experience with ceiling panels?

Online Michon

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 08:11:16 PM »
I need to treat my front and back walls with absorption too. I also have a slightly off centre image at the moment, among other problems of course.

Ceiling clouds, especially at first reflection points, will improve your room even more. It's standard practice in mastering rooms.
Less flutter and thus phasing and it will further reduce the decay time of your room. The typical goal is to get decay time even across all frequencies and below a certain time, sub 400ms if I recall correctly.

Once you've absorbed at first reflection points and added corner bass trapping where you can, you can add 2D or 3D QRD diffusers in reflective spaces to further smooth out decay time and frequency response at high frequencies. When it comes to this point I'd say it's worth taking measurements.

Hearing is Believing - The Ultimate Small Mixing & Mastering Room
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB8H0HFMylo

I think the trick is to get it to a point where it sounds good, but doesn't look like a padded cell.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:22:58 PM by Michon »
Tidal HiFi > Apogee PSX-100 > Fostex 300 > DIY speakers with Scan Speak and Seas drivers.

> Schiit Lyr > Sennheiser HD600, Sennheiser HD800.

Online Dhiveshan

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 10:44:05 PM »
What an awesome video. Thanks Michon!

I donít think Iím quite at the padded cell level just yet but I might go with a couple of cloud panels in white so as not to attract too much attention!

Offline skip

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 11:05:30 AM »
I like the "Sound Art" products on his page.

What material would one use to print on to?