Bass trap build (at last!)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGore

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have had these 2 huge rolls of think pink in my lounge for the best part of a year now.  What worries me is that I don't really notice them any longer.  Whenever someone comes over to visit for the first time they always look at the pink monsters strangely, but most of them are too kind to say anything.

So, at long last I have decided to make them look a bit better.  I didn't want to just cover the rolls in fabric, I want something nicer - add some wood into the equation.

Saturday morning I went off to the hardware store, and had them cut an entire 2.4m x 1.2m plywood sheet up into 1.2m x 6cm planks.  Also picked up 4m of chicken wire.

Next, I went off to the material shop, and picked up batting, compressed batting, some dodgy and cheap brown material (looks like it comes out of the 70s), and some nice textured black fabric of some kind.

Now, I want the bass traps to go up quite high, so I had 2 options:  Build it tall, or make 2 shorter traps which would stand on top of each other.  Went for the 2 shorter traps because it will be much easier to move around.

Let me tell you something - chicken wire is a terrible thing to work with.  This build is making me increasingly glad that I don't work on a chicken farm!

Some pics:

The frames complete for 4 bass traps:

DSC01831.JPG

Another angle:

DSC01832.JPG

Close-up:

DSC01833.JPG

Chicken wire installed into the back, top and bottom:

DSC01836.JPG

Cheers for now.
Ian.

Status