Goran Bregovic

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonsound

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hello,

Like many people here I try to widen my musical horizons without having to be subjected to the 99% crap out there. Can be quite difficult at times...

Few weeks ago I saw an amazing movie "Underground". It's one of those movies that put you in a different reality, my closest match would be something like "Delicatessen", althought its not quite as absurd.
Anyway, the sound track was one of the things that made an impression on me, so I searched the web and found that the "composer" who did the soundtrack (Goran Bregovic) also did a number of other soundtracks, and some standalone music etc.

Anyway I downloaded a few albums (to sample only!) and I must say I can't stop listening to it at the moment.

It's different to anything I've really heard before, I suspect it's all based on Yugoslavian folk music style. He has some guest artists who can really sing (if you don't count Iggy Pop on the one English movie soundtrack).

He uses brass instruments in a new way (well probably not new if you're Bosnian). Some of Tom Waits' arrangements are the closest I can think of, though his are more based op German operattic style.

Anyway, if you want to try something different that you just might like a lot, go for it!

Regards
Leon