Author Topic: Roon/Tidal Network Issues Tip  (Read 241 times)

Offline Nidri

Roon/Tidal Network Issues Tip
« on: November 16, 2018, 06:44:02 PM »
So I've been battling this weird 'network issue' whilst accessing Tidal through Roon:

Basically this made Tidal playback impossible.
But since my network is strong, I knew it had to be something esle.

Turns out it's not a network issue at all.
Not quite sure what it is actually, but the solution, it seems, is to clear the Tidal cache in your Roon Library Folder.
Eventually found this suggestion on the Roon forums. (From the Roon people themselves*.)

Anyway, this has been driving me bonkers, so I thought I'd leave this here in case anyone else has struggled with the same issue.

* https://community.roonlabs.com/t/very-frequent-error-tidal-media-is-loading-slowly/47158/8

Offline ERad

Re: Roon/Tidal Network Issues Tip
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 11:57:03 AM »
Thanks for the tip.
Running Tidal now. Plan to tackle Roon when I get the SOtM music streamer next week.

Offline Drifter

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • otherside of the Boerewors Gordyn ...
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »
I have another strange one.
When adding an artist to "my collection", I can see that artist in Tidal under the MY COLLECTION ..... ARTIST tab (in the Tidal app).
However, when I go into Roon, select the TIDAL section from the drop down list and go to the MY FAVOURITE section. only some of those artists appear there.

Does anyone have any idea? 

Offline Jason Willemse

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 03:34:35 PM »
I have another strange one.
When adding an artist to "my collection", I can see that artist in Tidal under the MY COLLECTION ..... ARTIST tab (in the Tidal app).
However, when I go into Roon, select the TIDAL section from the drop down list and go to the MY FAVOURITE section. only some of those artists appear there.

As far as I know, Roon will only sync your Tidal playlists, but not your “my collection”. I’ll check on mine tonight.

It would be great if Roon playlists synced back to Tidal too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ERad

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 10:47:00 AM »
Yes, also keen to know how this works...
Feedback on this would be great!

Offline Jason Willemse

Roon/Tidal Network Issues Tip
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 04:10:38 PM »

Testing it on mine, it works exactly as you stated it should Drifter. Not sure why you may be having problems though.

It does require Roon restart to show immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Drifter

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • otherside of the Boerewors Gordyn ...
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 09:19:33 AM »
It actually works really well.

I have my Roon setup in such a way that my local library and my Tidal library are completely split.
I populate the Tidal side by adding tracks, albums and artists to "my collection".

The one annoying is that I still have not been able to do the "add to collection" from within Roon, so if I listen to a Tidal track via Roon and want to add it to the collection I have to open the actual Tidal app and do it from within there.

The issue is that recently the music I have been adding to my collection from within the Tidal app is not pulling through to reflect so in Roon. There is a sync option in Roon that forces a sync with Tidal but that also does not pull the new details through. I'm suspecting that the log file (cache) is not updating.

I must now just figure out where that file is stored in OS X.