Author Topic: Cordless Headphones for a friend  (Read 187 times)

Offline Jessejon

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Valves remain a mystery but, to the chosen..
    • Storytown Productions
Cordless Headphones for a friend
« on: November 08, 2018, 06:56:52 PM »
Hi Guys

This is a question for all you HP masters out there. A friend here in Bloem is looking to buy ( not now, early next year) some cordless , over ear headphones.

He looked at the Dr Beat(s) 3 .

Looking for a snug fit for editing and music I presume to be used with the computer..

Any suggestions? Are the Beats any good.. I think the asking price is around R5k

Much appreciated..

jj

Offline chrisflex

Re: Cordless Headphones for a friend
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:09:28 PM »
There should be plenty of Beat Solo 3s out there.

Mainly because one of the GSM operators were including them with a phone contract upgrade.

Check OLX & Gumtree.
~ music is imagination given instrumentation ~

Offline thenoizeguy

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:43:00 PM »
Cordless, I presume is a base station connected to a line out or headphone jack and wireless cans, not Bluetooth ?

I would look at the Sennheiser RS range. Cheapest are the 120's , but you can get better ones with your budget.

I believe Beats have metal weights in their ear cups to make them feel more expensive.

Way over priced IMO.

Expensive cables come in fancy silk lined wooden boxes to make you feel better about spending a fortune on them.

Offline Jessejon

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Valves remain a mystery but, to the chosen..
    • Storytown Productions
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 05:29:25 AM »
Thank you for the feedback guys, much appreciated!

Offline grumpybear

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 06:59:28 AM »
Those Beats 3 are a bluetooth wireless headphone and as such are completely unsuited to editing and monitoring.  They are more suited to listening to music on your iPhone particularly if your idea of music is electronic dance.

For studio stick to Beyerdynamic or Sennheiser, possibly Shure and Audio Technica.  Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros are currently R3,000 at Takelot and can be found for a bit less if you shop around.

Offline thenoizeguy

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 10:42:31 AM »
I agree with Grumpybear regarding Bluetooth. Especially editing. Bluetooth tech is fine for music only, but latency will cause you editing issues when you are trying to accurately sync to picture.
If editing is important, I would recommend an offboard sound module like a Scarlet 2i2 and a set of wired closed back cans, and have another pair for music on the go where Bluetooth would be convenient.

Expensive cables come in fancy silk lined wooden boxes to make you feel better about spending a fortune on them.