Wonder-Heat oil burning heaters

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMac

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Does anybody have one of these heaters in their houses anymore?

I have some documentation from 1971 when the model 505 was installed  in my house by the previous owners. These were Australian heaters and were pretty popular in South Africa, and were considered upmarket compared to the anthracite heaters like the Beckers that much more work to light and clean out the ash every day.

Hard to believe the prices then:
R319 for the heater, less R16 discount, plus R86 for installation, plus R7 for brickwork and plaster making a grand total of R396! It came with a stand alone external fuel tank on a stand that could hold 600 litres of heater fluid that could last two winters if you had some Scottish heritage (like me)! It worked very well - with fan assisted hot air circulation

About 15 years ago I chucked out the heater (sadly it became just too expensive to refuel).

I can scan and email the original brochure and "instructions for use" card if anybody is interested, before I throw away these papers I've been hoarding since 1988!

Cheers,
JayJay