Author Topic: Pls have a look at my add  (Read 350 times)

Offline Mongoose

Pls have a look at my add
« on: November 07, 2018, 03:26:20 PM »
Good day gents and ladies. I'm hoping you guys could possible assist, and may I ask that you pls check the link below to one of my adds I have been running on Gumtree for a while. Wont get into to much of a talk about it here as its all in the add.

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-other-desktop-pcs/parow/help-wit-hcomputer-bits/1003184748990910196875409

Pls lemme know if you are able to assist or maybe you know of someone that can. Since my last attempt to help a youngster named Matthew, this has grown into quite a venture.

Hope to hear from you guys soon

Regards
Cedric

Offline Mongoose

Re: Pls have a look at my add
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 05:57:04 PM »
Thanx for the like Curlycat

Offline Ju_dy@RT

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 10:41:01 PM »
Hi Mongoose,

Good luck in your venture. If I was in such industry and in your area I would have honestly assisted... even if just in a small way. Every bit helps.

Some advice :

1) Name your project... it gives it an identity. Create a logo if you have the means.
2) Get tangible corporate or local business sponsors ... ANYBODY ...even if they only give a R50.
3) NAME THOSE SPONSORS in ALL your posts. People like being given credit and it adds legitimicy to your cause.
4) Start a Facebook page. Create a nice graphic advert with sponsor logos (the more the better) and post it on Facebook marketplace or any group or social platform like you’ve done on gumtree, that would allow it. EVERY OTHER DAY... it takes 5 minutes.

Basically ... formalise it. People are far more eager to give, if you have already gained trust from others.

And God forbid.... insure those Pc’s.

Good luck!!!

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »
WOW Judy, thanx for the advice. It does look a bit dodge, and yes I got a mail, where the guy asked me if I'm asking for these items just to resell again  :vsad: Reason why he asked me that was because I had a quad core cpu, board and ram on Gumtree for sale. But that was so I could rather buy cheaper items, or monitors. Didnt make sense having a quadcore cpu, board and ram and I didnt have a monitor for tweo of the complete towers I have at home.

I will look into a facebook page, and formalizing my Gumtree add. I dont have any sponsers as yet, just stuf fI already got from various people. But thanx for the advice, its appreciated

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 06:24:34 PM »
Now and then I get deceased PCs.  Am actually seeing a fellow in Meadowridge on Thursday who has a room full of resurrectable computers, maybe I can squeeze his arm.  You are first on the list, like I said
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 07:20:32 PM »
Now and then I get deceased PCs.  Am actually seeing a fellow in Meadowridge on Thursday who has a room full of resurrectable computers, maybe I can squeeze his arm.  You are first on the list, like I said

Thank you very much Chris, its most appreciated.