Author Topic: Android Auto  (Read 398 times)

Offline Eish

Android Auto
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:14:30 PM »
You can now download Android Auto directly from Google Play Store on your phone here in South Africa.  No more installing via apkmirror
There are rules, and rules must be followed

Offline arvie

Re: Android Auto
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 11:10:22 PM »
Good one, thank you!  Played with this a while ago, from apkmirror, lol. 

It used to detect the bluetooth connection in m car & turn on Android Auto automatically.  Very handy & now with "Ok Google" built-in, no need to look or touch your phone whilst driving.

Offline Raffs

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 09:26:08 AM »
I just loaded it last week works like bomb in conjunction with my cars infotainment , best feature for me is the ability to use google maps on the screen of the car radio  :thumbs:
Trust your senses !!

Offline Music_Lover

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 10:30:18 PM »
I can't seem to get it working properly on my daughter's Opel Astra. It connects etc. Is it supposed to project onto the car display.
Midrand

Offline Eish

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 04:25:29 PM »
All you do is connect the phone to your system via USB and android auto is triggered automatically, assuming the infotainment system supports android auto.  Otherwise try to do a software upgrade on your Astra (via the dealer).  There are software glitches from time to time but these have been ironed out over time.
There are rules, and rules must be followed

Offline Dolby

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 04:40:35 PM »
Now I want a new car :/

Offline Dolby

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 04:42:54 PM »
THere are my options

Android Auto is compatible with the following vehicles.

XC90 2017-
S90 2017-
V90 2017-
V90 Cross Country 2017-
XC60 2018-
S60 2019-
V60 2019-
XC40 2018-

Offline Raffs

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 04:41:01 PM »
All you do is connect the phone to your system via USB and android auto is triggered automatically, assuming the infotainment system supports android auto.  Otherwise try to do a software upgrade on your Astra (via the dealer).  There are software glitches from time to time but these have been ironed out over time.
I've been told by the dealer that some samsung phones are a bit glitchy , some setting or the other .... apparently if you take the phone to a reputable cell store they make some changes in the settings that help , and as above connect the phone with a USB cable  and the radio must be android auto compatible .... good luck  :thumbs:
Trust your senses !!

Offline Music_Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 12:27:00 PM »
I've been told by the dealer that some samsung phones are a bit glitchy , some setting or the other .... apparently if you take the phone to a reputable cell store they make some changes in the settings that help , and as above connect the phone with a USB cable  and the radio must be android auto compatible .... good luck  :thumbs:

Got it working thanks. Works like a charm.
Midrand