Author Topic: Toroidal TRF Mounting Question  (Read 500 times)

Online CAD

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
Re: Toroidal TRF Mounting Question
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 06:38:36 AM »
Thanks AC  :dop:

I really need to take some decent peekchas and post the build under DIY  :thinking:
The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Gerlach

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 07:14:22 AM »
Thanks gents and basically one just needs to lift the wires off the bottom of the chassis then  :thumbs:

Will do as such when I get around to rebuilding/rewiring my L20 amp

The plan is to route all the wiring under the base much the same as I did for my DIY Fong Kong "ShitzAnator" DAC.
Network cable has been sorted with a terminal on the back board since pic was taken

Love die setup CAD!!  :2thumbs: Give us a bit more info on the DAC side. The DIY bug got me to busy shopping around for DIY kits.
Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

Online CAD

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 04:53:33 PM »
^^ Dankie Tjomma

Well this is a genuine Fong Kong DAC I sourced from Ali Express.I have included some pics as the Odroid C2 is mounted on top of the DAC in my build.I have not manged to stream Native DSD as the Odroid C2 with Dietpi (and others that I tried) seem to have a some kind of a Linux kernel problem which is then way above my pay grade.However Roon converts DSD Files to 24/176 which I can stream no problem.

It is powered by a 30VA E-Core TRF with multiple secondaries which is also a Kung-Fu Master type sourced from AliExpress.

I bet most of the components used are cheap&nasty brand or garden variety so there may be room for improvement.

If you are ever in my neck of the woods drop in and come have a listen/see

From AudioPhonics site :

This DAC features a 15V +/- symmetrical power supply based on LM337T and LM317T controllers and a high quality low-voltage power supply LDO Linear Technology LT1963 on the digital part for better conversion accuracy of DAC ESS SABER ES9028Q2M. The majority of the filter capacitors of this DAC are of ELNA for AUDIO origin.

The four AOPs are on DIP8 support type JRC5534 mono x2 and JRC5532 stereo X2. Thus, the sound signature corresponding to its HIFI system can be changed as desired. The options are therefore multiple with a wide choice of AOP interchangeable accessories.
Since this I2S DAC does not have any clock, it is imperative to connect to I2S a source with the necessary Masterclock (MCLK) signal.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-dac/ess-es9028q2m-i2s-dac-module-board-32bit-384khz-balanced-dsd-1x-lt1963-regulators-p-12355.html

Someone has does some measurements which don't seem to be the greatest but for $30 I have no complaints.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-of-generic-es9028q2m-dac-board.2405/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:59:17 PM by CAD »
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Online CAD

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 05:04:03 PM »

Sorry, I just could not resist ;D

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 09:39:50 PM »
I think the problem is the Odroid kernel doesn't incorporate the latest kernel patches.  I have no issue streaming dsd via dop though.
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline Gerlach

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 01:03:01 PM »
^^ Dankie Tjomma

Well this is a genuine Fong Kong DAC I sourced from Ali Express.I have included some pics as the Odroid C2 is mounted on top of the DAC in my build.I have not manged to stream Native DSD as the Odroid C2 with Dietpi (and others that I tried) seem to have a some kind of a Linux kernel problem which is then way above my pay grade.However Roon converts DSD Files to 24/176 which I can stream no problem.

It is powered by a 30VA E-Core TRF with multiple secondaries which is also a Kung-Fu Master type sourced from AliExpress.

I bet most of the components used are cheap&nasty brand or garden variety so there may be room for improvement.

If you are ever in my neck of the woods drop in and come have a listen/see

From AudioPhonics site :

This DAC features a 15V +/- symmetrical power supply based on LM337T and LM317T controllers and a high quality low-voltage power supply LDO Linear Technology LT1963 on the digital part for better conversion accuracy of DAC ESS SABER ES9028Q2M. The majority of the filter capacitors of this DAC are of ELNA for AUDIO origin.

The four AOPs are on DIP8 support type JRC5534 mono x2 and JRC5532 stereo X2. Thus, the sound signature corresponding to its HIFI system can be changed as desired. The options are therefore multiple with a wide choice of AOP interchangeable accessories.
Since this I2S DAC does not have any clock, it is imperative to connect to I2S a source with the necessary Masterclock (MCLK) signal.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-dac/ess-es9028q2m-i2s-dac-module-board-32bit-384khz-balanced-dsd-1x-lt1963-regulators-p-12355.html

Someone has does some measurements which don't seem to be the greatest but for $30 I have no complaints.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-of-generic-es9028q2m-dac-board.2405/

Thanks, ek sal beslis so maak. Dankie. Dankie vir die info, sal dit deur Google sit en kyk wat ek als kan kry. Ek moet nog my 6j1 build post, so ver speel daai outjie goed met die ef95 valves. Moet nog die ander valves in sit en luister ook.
Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)