Pro-Ject Phono Box USB V

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now Playing

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Probably blasphemy in this forum but thought I'd share it anyhow.  My mother just returned from the UK with one of these in her luggage.  As she's got quite a few LP's that aren't available on CD and the NAD system I gave her doesn't have a phono stage I figured it'd be a good solution to enable her to listen and/ or record to PC for later FLAC encoding (the rest of their collection is already ripped and played back via a Squeezebox 3 and laptop).  In any event, I gave it a spin this morning and I was pleasantly surprised at just how good it sounds.  The build quality is also excellent and the device's size totally belies its weight.  Definitely worth looking into if you're considering preserving your Vinyl in the digital realm.

Now for a question.  If I was to look to find a decent turntable for playback and recording, what would a reasonable one cost and where might I find one?  Please bear in mind I'm looking for decent playback, not necessarily audiophile grade.