What speakers?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ol Codger

Reaction score
This is addressed to the fundis who can make a suggestion to help and ol' timer enjoy his music 'n movies still.

I have lost highs in both ears, lesser in the left than the right.  Dialogue in movies are a challenge but CDs and DVDs ae OK in the sense that I still love the concert hall sound but the clear tones of a piano played by Clayderman have diminished.    To overcome this handicap, I have apair of hearing aids which rhave been programmed to replace/restore some of the lost frequenices.  However, the human body adjusts.... after some 10 or so minutes, the "restored" highs gradually disappear !

My current speakers are Jamo C-809 Floor stnding units and the rears are C-80 surrounds.  The Centre is a C-80 with a SUB-650  slightly to the left of it resting on the floor.  I have found the system satisfactory for classical music. the Batman and Star Wars themes.  Clapton's gutiar is lost and so are the Rolling Stones and Elton John.

The amp is a Denon AVR-X4200W which I poresume no one will fault.  Question is: Should I replace the Jamo speakers with something that will have more of the higher frequencies - and which ones would these be? Or simply give up the idea as no one will have suffered the experience of losing his hearing to give meaniingful advice....or maybe just take in the twilight years watching series???

An Ol Codger

Latest posts