speaker buying advice as wel as placement and options. HELP PLEASE ?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worsman

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals

So after speculating and procrastinating I finally took the plunge and got my first AV receiver.  Picked it up from Remedytec and WOW is all I can say  this amp is in showroom condition although being 10 plus years old. 

So my receiver is an older model Yamaha RX-V1900
Specs is 7.1 with 3 zones or zone 2 can be used as presence zone
I also have a Polk Audio CS10 center speaker as well as a Yamaha YST-sw205 subwoofer.
Front left and right I am using old school Yamaha NS-09 speakers which I am going to replace

So my question is what to get next.
I am looking at getting the following
Monitor Audio BR2 bookshelves for rear left and right
Monitor Audio BR5 floor standing speakers for front left and right
Dipole speakers for surround left and right  or either Ceiling Speakers.  Refer to room layout

My room is a weird shape as well as having a fireplace in one corner of the dining room and a huge fish tank on the other side.

1. So first question.  What to about Yamaha presence channel?  Do I put the BR2?s on the front wall higher up mark position 4?  Is it gonna make a difference,  that would mean getting another set of speakers
2.or do I use the BR2?s at ear level in position 3
3.Other option is to use the BR2 bookshelves in the rear position marked as rear on the sketch mounted close to the roof..  no other place to put them
4. Dipoles in position 1 close to roof, if not going with BR2?s in position 3
5. Place ceiling speakers in position 2 if not going with dipoles or Br2?s  in position 3

Any help or advice will be appreciated.  Please no negative comments on the drawing  I get it when playing Pictionary 😊

Latest posts