Best insulating/sound proof product to put between cavity of two ceiling boards?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JP870609

Can anyone recommend a product that I can use to put between the cavity of my ceiling boards (the build style of the house has exposed rafters)? I will be installing isoboard ceilings on a couple of my rooms in my downstairs area (dining room, bathroom, and bedroom), and the idea is to insulate it so that it can block out a lot of sound from upstairs area, footsteps etc. Currently, I have a ceiling with exposed beams, the ceiling boards will cover the beams completely, leaving the opportunity to fill in the open area in between.

I was thinking of using the aerolite think pink insulation product, anything else anyone can recommend? The space between the two ceiling boards is approximately 20cm (I will also be fitting downlights, so I need to keep that in mind when inserting the insulating product).

Also another thing, my loft area I will be installing the isoboard mainly to insulate and regulate the temperature better, anyone with experience on this, anything else I need to add between the layers, besides slapping the isoboard against the existing ceiling board? My loft gets extremely hot during.

Oh, and according to the manufacturers of isobaord, it does not do anything for soundproofing whatsoever, only regulates/seal in temperature.

Thanks in advanced