Author Topic: Klerksdorp Record Store..maybe  (Read 4716 times)

Offline BJ

Re: Klerksdorp Record Store..maybe
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2018, 06:38:26 PM »
Looks great and well done bud

I may even have to google Klerksdorp some time and make a plan.

Tony, Johnnie put aside, Chris de Burg "Lady in Red" just for you for your special visit :Whoohoo:
Shunyata - See No Evil; Hear No Evil

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2018, 06:50:22 PM »
Tony, Johnnie put aside, Chris de Burg "Lady in Red" just for you for your special visit :Whoohoo:

Mooi man is it the original or our local Rooi Rok Bokkie
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Johnnie

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Klerksdorp Record and Audio Store.
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2018, 08:48:39 PM »
It has been great so far meeting the different people and their stories...I had a local business man come in today he wanted Ivan Rebroff...he asked me to spin a specific song on a specific album I had in store, the track was.. Volga so I put it on to play and he shows me he gets goosebumps when he hears this song as it was his late fathers favorite song and also played at his funeral...

Offline Johnnie

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2019, 09:38:33 PM »
Okay so a month has passed and the store has managed to complete its maiden voyage succesfully! Growing interest and debut vinyl afficianados discovering the joy of the hobby and the music and also older flames being rekindled with disgarded collections seeing rotation again...thanks gentleman and ladies long may it continue..Iíll see you on the dark side of the moon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2019, 09:20:57 AM »
Excellent and congrats  :thumbs:

Been a great journey and thanks for sharing
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline JoziNic

« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2019, 03:05:46 PM »
Not to bring up an old thread but didn't make sense to start a new one.

Just wanted to say made a little road trip this past saturday to get out to Klerksdorp, got to meet @Family_Dog (& get that copy of Jazz at the pawnshop, which I haven't had a chance to listen to yet, am hoping by early July I'll have surfaced enough time to sit & listen to it from start to finish), but also got to meet @Johnnie and check out the record store Club Vinyl, VERY COOL setup, and awesome store.

and again am amazed by the generosity, openness & just plain awesomeness of the members on the this forum.

thanks all!
& wish you guys all the best success for your record store & future endeavors!
This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2019, 03:53:30 PM »
Good to have you and Lauren come through to our little town, Nic. Happy there were no passport issues and apologies that Tammy Staffie nearly licked Lauren to death as part of the welcome.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline johan.pretorius

« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2019, 09:29:53 AM »
Okay so a month has passed and the store has managed to complete its maiden voyage succesfully! Growing interest and debut vinyl afficianados discovering the joy of the hobby and the music and also older flames being rekindled with disgarded collections seeing rotation again...thanks gentleman and ladies long may it continue..Iíll see you on the dark side of the moon..

Awesome - there is most certainly a need for bricks and mortar record shops with some character and soul. I for one am missing it...
There is no better idle time than Thorens time.

Offline Johnnie

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2019, 08:05:11 PM »
Great @JoziNic and thank you, it was great meeting you guys on Saturday at the store! Thank you @Family_Dog for safely guiding them in the wild west..