Quote to service/fix my Yamaha RX-E810 Amplifier?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toxxyc

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Good morning ladies and gents, I came upon a very accommodating forum member a while ago who helped me get into the whole audio scene.  During our meetings and communications I took over from him a Yamaha RX-E810 stereo amplifier and it's matching CD/DVD player, the DVD-E810.  These have been serving me well, until now.

Last week the amplifier was in regular use, as it always was, and when wife and I took the dogs for a walk I switched it off, as usual.  Later that evening I tried switching it on, but it wouldn't come on.  There was some heavy weather incoming but it hasn't reached us yet at the time so I didn't know what was up and even considered that the lightning might have struck it.  An hour or two later I tried it and - well well well, it's WORKING again!  Back to normal.

However, this issue stuck out it's head again and again, four times in total, and my beloved amp is now dead.  No power.  The DVD player works fine (well, it powers on), but there is no response from the amp when I hit the power button or when I try to power it on with the remote.  I know very little about electronics and not enough to try and tackle this thing that was working fine up until now, so I was wondering if there's a member or a shop or a place I can take the amp in or around Pretoria who would be able to take a look for me and see why it won't power on anymore.  I suspect it's a small issue, since it happened a few times and now just won't "recover" and I'm hoping it's something like a dry joint, but I will need to get a quote to see what kind of damage I'm letting myself into.

Does anyone know of a person or a place I can take this to?  I LOVE this amp, it's more than enough for my needs (never goes over about 35% volume anyway, and that's just when I'm alone) and it looks and works amazing.  It's currently connected to my TV and my PC and it has a sub line-out used to power my sub which is perfect, so I would hate to lose this amp (not to mention I don't have the funds to replace it at all).

Looking forward to your replies!

Latest posts