Author Topic: Huawei Mate 20 Pro  (Read 523 times)

Offline Dolby

Huawei Mate 20 Pro
« on: October 17, 2018, 06:39:59 AM »
For the fans ...

I've got the Mate 10 Pro which I think is an awesome phone. The issues I've picked up (ie new software downloads or logging into my irrigation controller) appears to be Vodacom and not the handset itself. It had a killer camera and killer battery - but this new one looks to be even better with a few nifty tricks, like fingerprint sensor in the display and the ultra-wide / telephoto camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=097mqlXEU-I

Offline BWS

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 07:30:07 AM »
Looking forward to it
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline Dolby

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »
Phone is awesome :)

Going to put the camera through its paces over the weekend

Offline naughty

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 06:53:45 AM »
Phone is awesome :)

Going to put the camera through its paces over the weekend

congrats - the phone does indeed look like it means serious business - its a great looking phone with awesome functionality, and im sure that the specs on paper will translate into great usage in real life  :thumbs: - and it really really looks great - in fact far better than the phone im trying to get which is also functional but looks very plain - too bad i cant afford one of these good looking flagship phones

either way though i hope that it serves you well and does whatever you need it to do  :2thumbs:

Offline Dolby

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 09:17:45 AM »

You know what is really cool though?

The Mate 10 Pro is going to be pretty damn cheap now - and is an awesome phone in it's own right. Effectively the same internals as the current P20Pro with a very sight camera decrease.

Offline LouisF

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 02:00:10 PM »
But why does have to so big? Too big to fit a jeans pocket comfortably. Only girls carry stuff about in their hands... :sh1tstirrer:
"No matter how educated, talented, rich or cool you believe you are,
how you treat people ultimately tells all."
David Avocado Wolfe

I have learned more from people who have differed from me than from those who have agreed with me.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 02:07:44 PM »
A big phone might imply that you are well endowed where it matters (and not just in your wallet). 
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline LouisF

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 06:57:01 PM »
Ja, maybe... depends...
"No matter how educated, talented, rich or cool you believe you are,
how you treat people ultimately tells all."
David Avocado Wolfe

I have learned more from people who have differed from me than from those who have agreed with me.

Offline naughty

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 07:18:39 PM »
But why does have to so big? Too big to fit a jeans pocket comfortably. Only girls carry stuff about in their hands... :sh1tstirrer:

it most likely means that your eyes are bad - my eyes are shot and i wont mind having a larger screen that i could connect to my phone - especially when im using it for GPS purposes

Offline Dolby

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 06:51:11 PM »

Unbelievably ... you don't feel it!

It's an (almost) 6.4" screen which I thought would be too large - but it really does fit in your hand perfectly. This weekend though I found the best part of it for me - the multiple lenses! You get a 16mm (20Mp) / 27mm
 (40Mp) and 80mm (8MP) lens. That's excluding any digital and hybrid zooms, but I've never really been a fan of - so I focus on the real lens. I've added a photo below to show the perspective.

1/1.7" sensor (in the 27mm) is what you get in mid to high level point and shoots as well ... it really does have a super camera and no doubt the best mobile camera of 2018.

Other awesome thing is the reverse charging - I helped two iPhone users charge up this weekend (though, being staunch iPhone users meant they wouldn't allow me to take a photo ...)

Offline naughty

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 03:58:15 PM »
has your phone suffered from this issue?

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3065838/the-mate-20-pro-has-a-strange-screen-bleed-issue

regardless of that issue though the Mate 20 pro still seems like the phone to beat - if only it wasnt as expensive as it is .... that camera just seems better and better each time i read about it

Offline Dolby

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 07:24:03 PM »
Nope

Offline naughty

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 07:59:42 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Dolby

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 08:27:53 PM »
One of my favorite features.

The phone is 8.6mm thick and I get a (equivalent) 16mm, 27mm, 81mm, 135mm and 270mm. The last being full digital - but far, far better than most digital zooms I've seen!

Offline Dolby

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »
10km from a phone not even 9mm thick ....