What to do now?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingvar Ahlberg

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some two years ago a friend of our son asked me if I could find him a good turntable as he wanted to go the vinyl route.

I got hold of a Pink Triangle LPT with Rega RB250 and a totaly unused Shure V15 V-MR, the entire package in shape as new, and this for a ridiculously good price, 3500SEK, about 5600 ZAR.

For some reason the young man?s interest had faded so I hooked the tt up with a Gas Thalia and a Gas son of Ampzilla together with a pair of HAD Jake speakers in the guest room and have listened to this set up with great enjoyment for two Years.

Last weekend, when Brittmarie and me were in Falkenberg to listen to Levi Parham (You should try to find his latest record, "It?s all good")
he phoned and asked if I still had the tt and was willing to part with it, wich i agreed to.

Ha dropped in on Sunday for a listen and then we packed th LPT up for transportation, asking him what he was going to use it with he said he would start looking for a good amp next month, then speakers.

Realising how booring it would be to come home with a new turntable and not beeing able to use it for a couple of months I gave him a Rotel RTC 850 preamp, very good phono stage, and a Gas Grandson plus the two HAD Jake speakers and the Snake Oil Factory cabling neede to connect the stuff.

He is a very happy young man today, wich makes me happy too but stuck with the Talia/Son of Ampzilla and nothing to connect.

So, what to do? Find a new tt or finaly finish the one I started to build a long time ago, build some new speakers or try to find some classics?
Room is not big enough for the KJS horns. Please some good ideas?

Ingvar