DAC only handle 48kHz over USB

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals, this is my first official Topic I am starting, so as a newbie, I may make some mistakes, go easy on me please.....

How to connect a DAC, to a Laptop, without using the 3.5mm jack or USB? Reason for that: DAC only handle 48kHz over USB. 3.5mm sounds crappy as the laptop Internal DAC manages it regardless...
If I understand correctly, the 48Khz will cover the audible range, but as a result our ears may lack that warm depth from the music???? (Is this in all true?)  :groovy:

So if I want to use full range frequency from the PC to the DAC, I can move over to either Cox-ale or Optica Toshlinkl in on the DAC.
My Laptop has neither of those connections, so I have the following options: :coffee:

1. Use my Laptop's HDMI cable to the TV, and from the TV use the Optical Toshlink to the DAC?
2. Get a HDMI Sound Splitter box, where I input HDMI and it outputs HDMI to TV, but also outputs sound to either Cox-ale or Optical Toshlink. (which I can again reroute to the DAC)

Will either of the above options give me a better performance than the USB?  :pray:

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge and experiences